Discuss Metrel UK ........... 5 star service in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

About 10 days ago, my trusty Metrel MFT stopped working.

A few calls later established that Metrel UK in Epsom, could not only fix and calibrate my tester in 1 week, they would also loan me an MFT whilst they had mine free of charge.

They also updated the firmware at the same time.

Thanks Metrel.........................

Nice to hear we may I day actually be treated similar to the USA. Rather than the Europe penny pinch !
( favourite moan buy something -leads not included )

Never had any Metrel kit, not out of choice just like to stick with what I know..
I have a quite a few individual robin testers, a robin mft, some fluke gear and a megger mft..
just getting my head round the new megger but like to fall back on the other kit when necessary

9 years old and very overworked .......
Shouldn't have packed up after nine years. My stand alone rcd tester is twenty odd years old and never fails. My Robin efli tester is a similar age and the same applies and I guarantee they have been worked harder and suffered more than your meter.

Shouldn't have packed up after nine years. My stand alone rcd tester is twenty odd years old and never fails. My Robin efli tester is a similar age and the same applies and I guarantee they have been worked harder and suffered more than your meter.

Glass half empty again mate?

To be fair 9 years is pretty good for an entry level budget tester.

I would guess occasional light use is the reason it survived so long.

What's it cost ya mate if don't mind me asking

TBH the cost wasn't the factor ........ it was the speed of turn around AND the free loan of a tester.

Being SE I simply can't afford to have a spare collecting dust.

It's always good to hear a story about good service to balance all the usual horror stories.

I still use separate testers and I've never owned an MFT but one day when I eventually cave in and buy one it will probably be a Metrel.

It's always good to hear a story about good service to balance all the usual horror stories.

I still use separate testers and I've never owned an MFT but one day when I eventually cave in and buy one it will probably be a Metrel.
Same here I use individual testers.

Me too. Never thought about an all singing.... like me meggers too much.

If the loan MFT,is a Megger......you might not give it back...;)

And if it's a Fluke there will be no might about it. :D
My previous post was very tongue in cheek just forgot the smileys. :)

The dislike rating it got made me check it. :D

It makes a change to get decent service most companies seem to look for ways to wriggle out of providing it.

To be fair 9 years is pretty good for an entry level budget tester.

That will be because it's not a Fluke or Megger instrument then

Having used a Metrel MFT for 15+ years I don't think they are entry level and certainly not budget level

I would guess occasional light use is the reason it survived so long.

My Metrel MFT certainly has had well more than occasional use. If I was looking for another MFT it would be bought on the MFT's merits not just the name and Metrel would certainly be in the frame as for me it has a proven track record

had my megger 1553 for 6 years now. was 2nd hand , bought from a forum member in 2013 (MDJ). passed every calibration since and has never failed to give consistant results, even on no-trip EFLI. matge has a fluke wich on 1 occasion said "error 5" ( noise ). my megger read perfect Zs as compared to the R1+R2.

That will be because it's not a Fluke or Megger instrument then

Having used a Metrel MFT for 15+ years I don't think they are entry level and certainly not budget level

My Metrel MFT certainly has had well more than occasional use. If I was looking for another MFT it would be bought on the MFT's merits not just the name and Metrel would certainly be in the frame as for me it has a proven track record

Refer to post above yours. Apologies for any confusion.

My sense of humour isn't always obvious hence my over use of smiley faces. :)

Reply to Metrel UK ........... 5 star service in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock