Discuss MICC cable gland installation London NW3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would advise you to get the end of that cable sealed ASAP to avoid any moisture getting into the cable.

Is this an existing cable which was cut by accident or is it a new cable?

To be able to source a new pot, seal and gland we would need to know what size the cable is, a rough measurement from that picture will not be accurate enough. Assuming it's an existing cable we need to know the information from the gland which was aleady fitted to the cable.
There will either be a 3 digit number if it is imperial cable or a code in the format 2Hxx (where xx is a number e.g 2H10) if it is metric.
Is it only one end which needs terminating or both? If it is then is the other end of the cable accessible for testing? This is essential for terminating this cut end.

What sort of installation is this? Domestic, commercial, industrial?

How soon does this need doing? I'm away next week but after that I may be able to fit it in.

Is this an existing cable which was cut by accident or is it a new cable?

To be able to source a new pot, seal and gland we would need to know what size the cable is, a rough measurement from that picture will not be accurate enough. Assuming it's an existing cable we need to know the information from the gland which was aleady fitted to the cable.
There will either be a 3 digit number if it is imperial cable or a code in the format 2Hxx (where xx is a number e.g 2H10) if it is metric.
Is it only one end which needs terminating or both? If it is then is the other end of the cable accessible for testing? This is essential for terminating this cut end.

What sort of installation is this? Domestic, commercial, industrial?

How soon does this need doing? I'm away next week but after that I may be able to fit it in.
Hi the 3 digit is 2h6, it's domestic one bed flat and have to be done ASAP, and this is existing cable .thank you

Who chopped the end off ? Didn’t they realise what it was for ?

As you are in north London ? You could always look up Delroy the sparks or Thomas nagy the sparks for assistance

Electrician who wrongly identified cable , and finally he left. Yes north london.. I will look for them

I dread to think what he thought it was ? Or did he cut the supply to someone else’s flat...o_O

Delroy the sparks is on YouTube , think the name of his firm is eastway electrical but goes by Delroy the sparks on his YouTube channel

Reply to MICC cable gland installation London NW3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net