Discuss Micc in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As an afterthought from the Buck House thread, when I mentioned it would probably be a MICC install, several people mentioned they would give their back teeth to work with differing sizes of MICC, prompted me to ask the question "What's the largest size MICC you have worked with"? Singles or Multi core no matter.

I wanna have a go at 4 core 25mm but I don't think my arms will be strong enough, even with a pair of bending levers!

I've not done any since sparky school.

I'd be rubbish on the Buck House job.

Wonder what you'd find nosing through queenies bottom draw...

4 Core 16mm. Was the supply to a small Grade 2 heritage Building. Hickory Bar to bend the -------. Hope I never face another again. Which I probably won't over in Aus they have never heard of MICC.

4 core 25mm, it was a total pig to form, fashioned a t bar to strip it, funnily enough it wouldn't fit in the joistripper. ofcourse it had to be on a council job where saving moeny was key, so lets run in MICC for the power/lights and wire the fire alarms in FP?

I find it unlikely they will use MI.
I don't know if it is still the case but ALL English Heritage buildings at one time were specked for micc. This was still in force after FP became the fashion must have lol. So I wouldn't be so sure as micc has many practical benefits for buildings such as the likes of Buck house and the like. Not least being that it can blend in very well with surroundings without having to get a chasing machine out in her maj's drawing room.
Saying that T Clarke's who in turn will probably do it and it will be all modular stuff built in factories in germany shipped over here installed by unskilled and tested by a few "super" sparks.

As for the op probably 2h25. Which for those not old is the "heavy duty" micc which is able to cope with upto 700v or something like that anyway.

Reply to Micc in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock