Discuss Microwave sensors hall way lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
microwave sensors on lights are great, the only disadvantage is that they sense through doors meaning tenants activate the corridor light going to the toilet in the evening.

I managed to partially block the sensor with aluminium kitchen foil.. has anyone had similar issues?

microwave sensors on lights are great, the only disadvantage is that they sense through doors meaning tenants activate the corridor light going to the toilet in the evening.

I managed to partially block the sensor with aluminium kitchen foil.. has anyone had similar issues?
Does it not have an adjustable range, usually a set of dip switches or screw dial. If so reduce the range. If not replace with PIR.

Does it not have an adjustable range, usually a set of dip switches or screw dial. If so reduce the range. If not replace with PIR.

Yes this is true, i managed to dial all of them down however the complaint came from one he had to wall mount, the beam can be dialed down from the downward angle.

Yeah I've had this myself on a contract i was running to replace some lighting in schools, put some LED bulkheads with integral MW sensors in a couple of small stores and they detected movement through the doors, even when turned as low as they would go. In the end I think the contractor bypassed the MW sensor and fitted a good old PIR.

Reply to Microwave sensors hall way lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Sensors are all around us, from the automatic doors we walk through to the motion detectors that turn on our outdoor lights. But how do these...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Driven by the recent colossal hikes in the cost of electricity I hit upon the wizard wheeze of replacing some of the existing LED bulbs in our own...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock