Discuss Milwaukee M18 - NOT happy at all in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
So bought a Fuel M18 Impact driver (2753 from USA, identical to the M18-FID bar label) (was on holiday and price better than over here)
Only had very light use, went to use it the other day - Trigger sticking slightly on and thus disabling mode swap switch, phoned service agent as milwaukee tech have their number hidden, given milwaukee tech number and told they would probably collect it

Instead UTTER cobblers down the phone - "Totally different inside, no compatible parts" "Safety standards vastly different"

Utter and total nonsense and downright lies, tools are identical bar stickers, model numbers and most of all PRICE

Specs are identical, same weight, look identical...

Just yet another company GOUGING european / British consumers...and resorting to blatant lying...no way in heck there is any meaningful difference inside...just a nonsensical lie to refuse to cover a tool, made on the same line just with diff stickers on it...

Back to Hitachi methinks...at least they don't seem to take the US dollar price, double or triple it and stick a £ in front....

Milwaukee make nice tools no better than anyone else though, but Milwaukee customer service non existent, staff cocky and downright rude and polite emails sent previously are not returned...ever...

Milwaukee - tidy tools, no support, crap service...

If the support isn't there, then they end up being overpriced market tools.......

Will not buy again and would urge others to look elsewhere...

Update:
Spoke to Milwaukee USA, far better attitude than the "posh salesboys" in the UK (massive diff in technical knowledge...USA guys seemed to know the tools, UK guys had no clue and more interested in trying to get out of providing any support they could.)

Conversation with the USA pretty much confirmed that there is likely to very little if ANY difference and they couldn't understand what the issue was (a sticker carrying UL vs a sticker saying CE)

Its a shame as when I spoke to TTI in the UK previously their service was second to none, but recently the mighty pound and Pointy haired managers seem to have won they day.

If postage to the USA wasn't so much (and could guarantee I wouldn't get slammed with a customs charge each way) then I'd just send it to them (as they said they would fix/replace it...

Would I buy Milwaukee in the USA? Yes...without question...here? Not a chance in hades...their staff have a kack attitude...

Good way to lose customers and get bad press over a simple sticking trigger...probably a 2 minute repair and a £2 part...

Send me out a waiver, "out of country repair" "we accept no liability for death, injury, loss , damage, bleeding from the nose, eyes, rectum etc, acts of god / the devil etc" and I'll sign it...

Where has common sense gone? Vanished in favour of corporate "budgets" "business units" and other muppetry...

Last edited:
[video=youtube;wsLAsl1YPRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsLAsl1YPRI[/video]

Oh look, proof they are the same tool bar model number and sticker...

milwaukee UK tech - lying little swine....."totally different inside" "lots of different parts" my arris....

Don't know if it helps but my trigger in my M18 combi blew it's PCB not so long back.
A local shop got me a full new handle body complete with all gubbins, trigger, new brushes, wiring loom, battery connectors ..... about £40. Mind you mine is an older model of drill.

next time i recommend bosch never had any issues with regards to servicing and if you enter the product details in the service areas of the site an explosive diagram comes up with components and prices if you fancy repairing yourself

Spare Part Catalogue - Powertools After-Sales Service

same with makita. exploded view with part numbers. i got a replacement blade holder for recip saw, was only £6 odd. OK, they sent the wrong part first try, but after a quick phone call, correct part was sent quickly.

Reply to Milwaukee M18 - NOT happy at all in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock