Discuss Mira Shower Parts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well our own shower broke last nigh (don't worry - we have a bath as well!)

The thermal switch is deceased (gone to it's maker, pushing up the daisies ....) it's part 1746.436 or 4.1746.436.

Simples - nope not really, I just can't find one in stock anywhere, I have sort of ordered from city plumbing, but not convinced they actually have the part as their website doesn't seam to check for stock - "always in stock" and when I check all locations, no branch appears to have it.

If this does happen all well and good, but just checking, does anyone have one of these, or know where has if it falls through?
1746436.jpg
BTW, it's the version with the mounts 90deg to the connections, I can find the more usual version with 45deg mounts, unfortunately that just doesn't fit.

I've used these people in the past for some hard to get shower spares https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=shower+spares+wigan. It would appear they have changed trading name and have not got a website at the moment but a quick call may get the part you need.
I assume they are doing mail order if not they are not to far from me if they have the part I could pick it up and post it to you

Last edited:
Have you tried going straight to Mira? I've had very good service from them buying spares over the years.
Many many years ago I had a problem with a Mira shower. Worked out there was a problem with a small switch. Called a plumber out on the basis of no call out fee. Was told I needed a new shower. Decided I’d shop around. Charged me £15 which was a surprise considering the no fee advertised but decided I’d pay for his time. Had no cash so offered a cheque. Was told that it would be £20 if a cheque, at which point I said no. Said plumber threw a tantrum and stormed off to van followed by me advising that he read a book called ‘How to win friends and Influence People’. Quick phone call to Mira resulted in a 50p reed switch being sent through the post within a day or so. Great customer service but that was over 20 years ago.

I've used these people in the past for some hard to get shower spares shower spares wigan - Recherche Google - https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=shower+spares+wigan. It would appear they have changed trading name and have not got a website at the moment but a quick call may get the part you need.
I assume they are doing mail order if not they are not to far from me if they have the part I could pick it up and post it to you
Tried them, no answer at all and the on-line feedback indicates they are closed.

Well as to be expected City plumbing lied!!!!

Speaking to the branch, they have not received the item, and they do not have it in stock at all and just buy it direct from National shower spares (Where I went in the first place) when they need to .

They have not been given an ETA but don't expect it to be less than 4 weeks.

Managed to find one on ebay - £25+ for a part that is £6.60 inc VAT

Hopefully this overpriced one will turn up late next week!

Spoke to some drone from City plumbing's head office "there are delays in supply" - how can there be, when you clearly indicate you already have it in stock you ignorant muppet?

Well as to be expected City plumbing lied!!!!

Speaking to the branch, they have not received the item, and they do not have it in stock at all and just buy it direct from National shower spares (Where I went in the first place) when they need to .

They have not been given an ETA but don't expect it to be less than 4 weeks.

Managed to find one on ebay - £25+ for a part that is £6.60 inc VAT

Hopefully this overpriced one will turn up late next week!

Spoke to some drone from City plumbing's head office "there are delays in supply" - how can there be, when you clearly indicate you already have it in stock you ignorant muppet?
in the meantime, you could go for a skinny dip dive, or bridge the O/T device with a bit of 30A fuse wire.

Don't be ridiculous, that would be dangerous.

I had to use 45A wire it's a 10.5kW shower.

Err... I mean I might have if err... I would consider err... doing such an err... thing.
what would be dangerous, the fuse wire or you skinny dipping? ?

Reply to Mira Shower Parts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net