Discuss Mixing HF and non HF lights on a circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jimmy Boy

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I don't do it, the manufactures say it can burn the HF's out, what's the physics of what happens if you mix a HF fluorescent light with a standard wound gear on the same final circuit ?.

I like detail..;)
J

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

sbrown2

I/we do it within our company because we are gradually changing over from wire wound to HF. There could be a science to it but we have looked at the science and cost. If there is a problem with the science at least HF units can shut themselves down. We looked into gradually changing over and when putting out to tender nobody appeared to see this as an issue. I suppose they were only at the initial proposal stage and not the final and technical stage!!!!

Jimmy Boy

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I spoke to CED tech today and they said it burns the HF's out, whether that was an ass covering exercise or not I dunno........
J

S

sbrown2

I've been going through this execise for the past five years and have not seen any practical evidence of this.

Jimmy Boy

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
S i will do some research and get back to you dude
J

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Mixing HF and non HF lights on a circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom