Discuss most disgusting jobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes very nice, I have seen worse though, at least there is no dogs muck on the floor, don't forget to wear gloves though LOL.

Seen a lot worse than that...lol!! Try working in a house where the residents kept a bloody horse in the front room, or where the resident repaired motor cycles in the kitchen, hall and front room!!! Walking in to that house, i literary skated on the oil, from the doorway straight into the kitchen....lol!!

Surprising and eye opening, how some people can happily live in filth!!

so, you've worked at my gaff. surprised that in photo 3 you didn't catch me on the bog, reading PE. LOL.

Look, if you have a problem with my mother-in-law's house, I expect you to take it up with her - not on a public forum!

....ah, beaten by the Tel!

Seen a lot worse than that...lol!! Try working in a house where the residents kept a bloody horse in the front room, or where the resident repaired motor cycles in the kitchen, hall and front room!!! Walking in to that house, i literary skated on the oil, from the doorway straight into the kitchen....lol!!

well, where else do you strip the motorcycle. it's bloody freezing in the garage.

The worse one that I had the pleasure of working in is where the tenants had a rain water collection tub in the bedroom which they used as a toilet, the astonishing part for us was that the toilet was only an extra 4m walk.

We had to move the tub to lift boards for access to above the consumer position.

They also had a herd of cats that tended to sh** everywhere.

Disgusting and inhumane was an understatement.

3 story Victorian terrace, upper 2 floors (about 12 rooms) nought but rubbish, rotting food and ground in dog crap. Builders all feeling very sick after clearing the room and kitchen was just.........The room they were living in was about 50c and thick with smoke fumes

Did our job, about to connect our small board to the MET and got a shock off one of the earths I pulled out. Traced it back 'upstairs fuse box', eventually found fault on the sockets....couldn't find those....couldn't find the fault.....danger notice and off to the hospital :puke:

My worst were some I&Ts on an estate in S****horpe.
One, the CU was in a little outhouse where they kept the dog, could barely breathe with the stench. Quickest test ever done!

I've worked in Industrial sh!tholes, don't mind that. Just can't bare human/animal waste and squalor.

edit

thought it might filter that Yorkshire town!

once had to sidestep round a gearbox+bellhousing on this guys stairs.....

My worst were some I&Ts on an estate in S****horpe.
One, the CU was in a little outhouse where they kept the dog, could barely breathe with the stench. Quickest test ever done!

I've worked in Industrial sh!tholes, don't mind that. Just can't bare human/animal waste and squalor.

edit

thought it might filter that Yorkshire town!
hmm....might be north lincolnshire there Archy...lol....
mind you...they say you can smell grimsby long before you see it.....lol...

My best mate was changing a fitting in a customers house years ago, looked down on top of the kitchen cupboards, greeted by the sight of a cat, rotting away...DEAD.

mr Stinky at a council house bashing season. plastic milk bottles with yellow fluid shashed here and there:death:
another one was so smelly that even most hardened builders refuse to go there before cleaning company is brought in.

there was the time i was on an EICR .....was in the bathroom gettin a Zs on a 2D.....noticed the bottle of `stuff` on the shelf.....said it killed crabs, scabies mites and lice.....eugh!
so imagine my feelings when the next point to test was the bedroom light pendant.....right over the bed....
so imagine me gingerly tryin to get a reading without coming into contact with said bed
and imagine my fears of something `leaping` of ov that bed....and onto me....:38:

Reply to most disgusting jobs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net