Discuss Mounting a consumer unit on plywood in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, just having a mental breakdown so thought I'd throw the question out on here for some advice. I'm working on a new build house and I've fitted a 20way RCBO board (it's a big house!). I've just had a thought though, with this being a new build, should I have fitted the board to some sort of fire retardant ply/plasterboard? It'll be a pain in the bum to redo, especially as I've fitted the alarm on the same piece but regs are regs ect. I can't seem to find it anyway saying that I must though, any suggestions? Thanks. Ste

I see no problem with mounting it on plywood

its the consumer unit that is supposed to be made of non combustible material, not the fabric of the building.

what would you do in a timber house?

Hi guys, just having a mental breakdown so thought I'd throw the question out on here for some advice. I'm working on a new build house and I've fitted a 20way RCBO board (it's a big house!). I've just had a thought though, with this being a new build, should I have fitted the board to some sort of fire retardant ply/plasterboard? It'll be a pain in the bum to redo, especially as I've fitted the alarm on the same piece but regs are regs ect. I can't seem to find it anyway saying that I must though, any suggestions? Thanks. Ste
Get it on a sheet of asbestos, don't listen to all the scare stories, bloody scientist know it alls.

They got that asbestos in the vaccine, don’t you know. I heard from joe, and he heard it from Nicky in the pub, so it must be true!
?
That's nonsense, the jab is a time delayed retrovirus that's going to kill 90% of the human race.

Think about it, how are they going to cremate all the bodies if they're all pumped full of asbestos.

Reply to Mounting a consumer unit on plywood in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net