Discuss Multifunction testers, best ones around?? what do you use? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

di log 9083p!!

only down side was it never had a neck strap but now dilog have released one (they rang me the day before release to inform me it was been sold) and i was Offcially the first person to buy one!! " woop woop!! (well wholesaler was first one but i was end customer!! how nice is that feeling! lol

Fluke 1762

Works well dose every thing i want it to do and survived getting rained on when i left it out side for a bit in a down poor dran it out drided for two days calibrated back up fine

Tim

Fluke 1652B got it for £600 with Socket tester, test sheets & Voltage tester. Sold the extras for £100 on ebay

Love it.

I have been looking at the various testers and threads but before purchasing I wondered if many people had used the data storage and upload facilities of these testers.

I prefer the Megger 1553 to the fluke 1653 mainly as I have used the Megger and have seen many threads about reliability issues with the Flukes.

However the blue Tooth function on the megger appears very limited as I would have to carry a smartphone with me, whereas the fluke can store all of the data for uploading later.

Does anyone have an opinion on the data storage and upload functions of these testers?

Is this just a fad or is it actually better then the more tradition pad and pen approach?

I have the Metrel Eurotest 61557 and use the data storage function as it provides a date and time audit trail of the tests carried out I also write the results on the the certificate and attach a copy of the results downloaded from the tester to verify those on the cert

Thanks, I have not looked at the Metrel's but I shall now.

They do not appear to be so widely disussed but I take it that you are very happy with yours?

Thanks, I have not looked at the Metrel's but I shall now.

They do not appear to be so widely disussed but I take it that you are very happy with yours?

Been using it for about 7 years I bought this model as it does earth resistance tests on rods as some of the work I did was on earthing comms masts and installing lightning conductors. Has been a very good meter and would certainly replace it with another if the need arose

Started looking at the Metrel's and they look very good.
Just trying to get my head around the various models that are available.
Are the MI 3xxx series a newer model then the 2xxx models or just functionally different?
I cannot appear to find a comparison chart on the Metrel website so it will have to be a lot of reading instead.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to Multifunction testers, best ones around?? what do you use? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock