Discuss My builder.com work... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes I've used MyBuilder in the past. Got a small job to look at wiring in a garage - client was so happy I ended up re-wiring one detached property (new CU) and re-wiring two semi-detached properties (both with new CUs). So the leads can take unexpected directions.
Otherwise steady stream of small jobs - adding extra sockets etc.
The leads cost much less than Rated People so if you lose any it's no great shakes...

I signed up with my builder and would not recommend, they dont let you delete your profile easily, you need to write to their head office requesting for your profile be removed. Also you need to sign up with a company similar to paypal to pay any fees (cant remember what they called) and deleting credit card detail from them is almost impossible. I got shortlisted for one small job from mybuilder and when I phoned the client he could not hear me at his end, called 3 times and all i got was someone saying hello, hello, I cant hear you. So called customer service and they would not offer a (£3) refund for shortlisting. Never again, they are rip off merchants who keep your credit card details and probably sell your insurance info. They should be shut down imho.

From what i have learned speaking to fellow tradesmen and women ranging from brickies to plumbers and more... mybuilder is one of the better ones as i believe it doesn't charge a annual fee regardless of any leads. I know a plumber who swears by it and also another one called ratedpeople. i think it varies on your location as to how many people you are competing against but if you set yourself a small budget of say £100 or a fixed number of leads then you can decide if its working for you or not... if you have to hand over bank card info get yourself one of them pre paid visa cards you can only spend what you transfer to it first, they cost around a fiver. that way your real details are protected from unwanted deductions/charges.

Reply to My builder.com work... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock