Discuss Napit offers EIS scheme to stroma members for £100+VAT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Vortigern

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Grab a bargain. With the legislation for landlords coming out (July) it would pay to snap up this offer of £100 plus VAT (hang on thought we were out of the VAT zone, I digress) You save a lot as the normal fee is £455 plus VAT. You get to be listed on the NAPIT site so better exposure for coming work?
Mind, you have to be active with stroma, and listed as EICR competency with relevant insurance.

Grab a bargain. With the legislation for landlords coming out (July) it would pay to snap up this offer of £100 plus VAT (hang on thought we were out of the VAT zone, I digress) You save a lot as the normal fee is £455 plus VAT. You get to be listed on the NAPIT site so better exposure for coming work?
Mind, you have to be active with stroma, and listed as EICR competency with relevant insurance.
Didn't think it would take long for the Schemes to cotton on to another Scheme to solicit more cash from the working Electrician.

no flies on napit then. must have been scheming up new ways of making money while on furlough.

Do you need further registration then to do these landlord eicrs?...or is this just to get you on napits list??

Givw it a few weeks and see how many questions regarding EICRs appear on electrical forums

I charge £20 per circuit. Standard 3 bed house pays me £120-£200 and writes a day off by the time I’ve got back to the office and double checked the report and sent it off.
No way I can do it cheaper, so I’ll lose out for doing a proper job.
[automerge]1591375751[/automerge]
Do you need further registration then to do these landlord eicrs?...or is this just to get you on napits list??
NIC Domestic Installers can’t do EICRs under that scheme can they?

I charge £20 per circuit. Standard 3 bed house pays me £120-£200 and writes a day off by the time I’ve got back to the office and double checked the report and sent it off.

I’m with stroma and thought you could...

My opinion for what it's worth if you can't dp "a proper job" then why bother doing it in the first place?
[automerge]1591377910[/automerge]
My opinion for what it's worth if you can't dp "a proper job" then why bother doing it in the first place?
Looks there is at least one person who has the same opinion as me.

I’m with stroma and thought you could...
No, fairly sure you have to be an approved contractor to carry out a EICR on their books. Domestic Installer is just that, a installer in domestic property’s.
You don’t need a 2391/94/95 to be a domestic installer under the NIC.
[automerge]1591378112[/automerge]

100% Agree

If you are on the niciec domestic installer scheme you can join there new electrical inspection scheme like napits... If you got your 2391-51 or 52 then you can be assessed on an EICR you completed and join... Never one to miss the money. Approved contractors can just apply and go on it automatically.

Yeah what a bargain.
Unless like me you've already paid and been assessed by Stroma to be registered for EICR and now this is suddenly disregarded to force Stroma members to join the Napit branding at extra cost.

No scheme membership is required for EICR not even under the new private rented inspection laws.

I bet most letting agents will insist on scheme membership.
I have this week agreed to do the EICRs on several hmos and several apartments for a letting agent. No race to bottom here and they don't care about scheme membership more qualifications and the person doing them being trusted to do the actual testing and give a true report for the landlord. They also don't mark up my invoices. We discussed the drive by testing brigade and they share the concerns about them. They have a list to avoid!

To be clear on the above points... First you (in theory) can't, from the viewpoint of the scheme go around doing EICR without their assessing your competency and stating that as a specific competency above and beyond DI. Now I know, before you all go off half cocked, that you can do EICR til you're blue in the face and there is no legal reason why not! Don't forget though, you have to have PI insurance. Having said that most schemes will grade your membership according to their criteria and perceived view of your skills on an evidential basis. If you have a schemes "badge" you are competent for EICR it will stand you better in the public's eyes as against just going out on your own because you believe you can do it, which admittedly you may just be so skilled! The point I am making is that Landlords will be looking at NAPIT rather than so much STROMA for lists of sparks who are accredited to do this. The legislation does state the electrician offering the service must be competent/experienced and this is going to be a thing for us to show. The industry has jockeyed us (herded?) into joining into this. And why not, it is good for business and for me a £120 is a drop in the ocean compared to the work I envisage arising from the investment. As to is this an add-on yes it is. However it seems 2021 is the crunch year where we will be having to go NAPIT or hit the highway, and pay their prices (ouch!) no more STROMA price structure. So why not use this to our advantage?

Personally my Stroma membership is up for renewal in August anyway so I will probably just renew with napit to save doing it after they ditch the stroma branding.

@Andy78 I would hold your cards close to your chest. They well know it is going to be a difficult sell to double the price of annual membership and will have to soft sell this transition to us or lose a massive amount of potential subscribers. I guess that dropping into this scheme at £120 will be a bridge to a concessionary changeover on their prices in 2021. This membership should take me to June 2021 when they will have to drop the big sword of damacles on us and I feel this will be a bargaining chip. Could be wrong just trying to be canny.

Reply to Napit offers EIS scheme to stroma members for £100+VAT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net