Discuss Napit offers EIS scheme to stroma members for £100+VAT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Grab a bargain. With the legislation for landlords coming out (July) it would pay to snap up this offer of £100 plus VAT (hang on thought we were out of the VAT zone, I digress) You save a lot as the normal fee is £455 plus VAT. You get to be listed on the NAPIT site so better exposure for coming work?
Mind, you have to be active with stroma, and listed as EICR competency with relevant insurance.

am i missing something why do you need to register with them, eicr are not currently required to be notified through part p scheme so why do we need to register on them? All you will gain is being listed on there website. What a load of rubbish.
Personally i wouldnt mind eicr having to be done by part p registered sparks as it makes sense, but until we have to be i wont be parting with money needlessly.

am i missing something why do you need to register with them, eicr are not currently required to be notified through part p scheme so why do we need to register on them? All you will gain is being listed on there website. What a load of rubbish.
Personally i wouldnt mind eicr having to be done by part p registered sparks as it makes sense, but until we have to be i wont be parting with money needlessly.

Being listed with a scheme for PRS EICR will also list you on the electrical competent person website as such. This website is linked to on the govt page for landlord info surrounding these regs. Of course if you are already full scope with your scheme you should already be listed, apart from Stroma as they've decided that doesn't count.

The benefits of this are clear.

Here is some clarification I received via email from Luke Spanton, Head of Private Rented Sector Standards, Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government.

The Government considered whether to mandate membership of competent persons schemes by inspectors and testers carry out works under the regulations, but decided against this. The Government did not want to excessively burden the electrical safety industry by requiring inspectors and testers join competent persons schemes if they do not wish to and if they are confident they have the necessary qualifications and competence. However, the industry is encouraged to establish competent person schemes, but membership of these will not be compulsory to ensure there is no further pressure placed on the industry, nor burden placed on inspectors and testers.

If an inspector and tester is not a member of a competent person scheme, an alternative may be to sign a checklist certifying their competence, including their experience, whether they have adequate insurance and hold a qualification covering the current version of the wiring regulations and the periodic inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.

Reply to Napit offers EIS scheme to stroma members for £100+VAT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock