Stroma Certification Scheme Napit or Stroma?

Discuss Napit or Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Napit or Stroma?
Completed 18th edition, 2365 level 2 and 3 Pat testing four years later on. Shadowed electrician worked on commercial and domestic with Agency.
whom should I join ?
Any recommendations?
And Why?

Hello Eleanor.

Did you get to work with DaveSparks at all? That would have been good experience.

I would choose Stroma as they are a lot cheaper than all the other schemes and offer exactly the same service so it's an easy decision really. Is there a reason why you have left out the NICEIC? The only reason why I could see to go with the NICEIC is if you have a lot of work from one company or perhaps an estate agent (doing EICR's) that stipulate you are NICEIC registered but that is unlikely.

it's a rumour pete, sent to confuse us. don't take much anyway. now where did i leave my beer?

First question are you doing enough business to warrant joining a scam.
You can do around 50% of all domestic installation without initially having to join.
Obviously once you start doing full rewires you will require scam membership.
Keep us posted which route you choose...

Hello Eleanor.

Did you get to work with DaveSparks at all? That would have been good experience.

I would choose Stroma as they are a lot cheaper than all the other schemes and offer exactly the same service so it's an easy decision really. Is there a reason why you have left out the NICEIC? The only reason why I could see to go with the NICEIC is if you have a lot of work from one company or perhaps an estate agent (doing EICR's) that stipulate you are NICEIC registered but that is unlikely.
I must contact Dave again. I was busy completing the 18th , No real excuse now :)

Unless your just putting up lights from Ikea
And that is harder than joining a scheme. Stroma for me as they are very thorough and well priced. Napit is good as well but I imagine starting up you want to save on costs. NICEIC is the de facto one to go with but it should not be so. The one thing I would say regarding image, is that Stroma is often conflated with Stoma in some peoples mind.

And that is harder than joining a scheme. Stroma for me as they are very thorough and well priced. Napit is good as well but I imagine starting up you want to save on costs. NICEIC is the de facto one to go with but it should not be so. The one thing I would say regarding image, is that Stroma is often conflated with Stoma in some peoples mind.
What's the difference between the last 2? dix-lex-ear kicking in!

Napit or Stroma?
Completed 18th edition, 2365 level 2 and 3 Pat testing four years later on. Shadowed electrician worked on commercial and domestic with Agency.
whom should I join ?
Any recommendations?
And Why?

You've been keeping up with your studies then young lady, I haven't! Got a bit annoyed with it all.

So I have been a Stoma member for the last few years and it has been fine. Definitely cheaper than the others. Now have the option to move to Napit now that they have "done whatever transfer/merge/buyout we choose to call it" - Can anyone suggest a reason to start paying more to Napit for the same job?

Reply to Napit or Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock