Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Stroma Certification Scheme Napit or Stroma?

Discuss Napit or Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Napit or Stroma?
Completed 18th edition, 2365 level 2 and 3 Pat testing four years later on. Shadowed electrician worked on commercial and domestic with Agency.
whom should I join ?
Any recommendations?
And Why?

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

happyhippydad

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hello Eleanor.

Did you get to work with DaveSparks at all? That would have been good experience.

I would choose Stroma as they are a lot cheaper than all the other schemes and offer exactly the same service so it's an easy decision really. Is there a reason why you have left out the NICEIC? The only reason why I could see to go with the NICEIC is if you have a lot of work from one company or perhaps an estate agent (doing EICR's) that stipulate you are NICEIC registered but that is unlikely.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
I thought I read somewhere that both the scams mentioned had become one unit

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
it's a rumour pete, sent to confuse us. don't take much anyway. now where did i leave my beer?

First question are you doing enough business to warrant joining a scam.
You can do around 50% of all domestic installation without initially having to join.
Obviously once you start doing full rewires you will require scam membership.
Keep us posted which route you choose...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello Eleanor.

Did you get to work with DaveSparks at all? That would have been good experience.

I would choose Stroma as they are a lot cheaper than all the other schemes and offer exactly the same service so it's an easy decision really. Is there a reason why you have left out the NICEIC? The only reason why I could see to go with the NICEIC is if you have a lot of work from one company or perhaps an estate agent (doing EICR's) that stipulate you are NICEIC registered but that is unlikely.
I must contact Dave again. I was busy completing the 18th , No real excuse now :)

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
I don’t think it’s viablle to do domestic work, without being in a scheme.

Unless your just putting up lights from Ikea.

T

The Ghost

Unless your just putting up lights from Ikea
And that is harder than joining a scheme. Stroma for me as they are very thorough and well priced. Napit is good as well but I imagine starting up you want to save on costs. NICEIC is the de facto one to go with but it should not be so. The one thing I would say regarding image, is that Stroma is often conflated with Stoma in some peoples mind.

And that is harder than joining a scheme. Stroma for me as they are very thorough and well priced. Napit is good as well but I imagine starting up you want to save on costs. NICEIC is the de facto one to go with but it should not be so. The one thing I would say regarding image, is that Stroma is often conflated with Stoma in some peoples mind.
What's the difference between the last 2? dix-lex-ear kicking in!

Napit or Stroma?
Completed 18th edition, 2365 level 2 and 3 Pat testing four years later on. Shadowed electrician worked on commercial and domestic with Agency.
whom should I join ?
Any recommendations?
And Why?
You've been keeping up with your studies then young lady, I haven't! Got a bit annoyed with it all.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Napit or Stroma? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom