Discuss National Insurance Number in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tevion

I have an interview for a nin number in a weeks time and I need to have 3 letters from employers ive contacted to prove ive been seeking employment. The problem is I have been applying for every relevant job online but getting no feedback at all. I don't want to land in with one arm as long as the other so do you fella's think email confirmation of registration with recruitment company's would do them?

well, agencies are employers, so should be OK.

Can you not just tell them you wish to become self employed?
Can you not just sign on and claim Job Seekers Allowance?

Can you not just tell them you wish to become self employed?
Can you not just sign on and claim Job Seekers Allowance?

I am from Ireland and am applying for the nin for first time. Have to get the nin first and then I can go self employed (or so ive been told).

Exactly, if you need the NIN before becoming self employed, then you would not have to prove that you are seeking employment.

I get ya, makes sense, but I dont know if that will do them though. Is it the same crowd that will sort out becoming self employed?

I think it was the Inland Revenue which issued them which is now Revenue & Customs. Don't think it had anything to do with DHSS.

The office was (maybe still is) in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

It used to be an agency called the Ministry of National Insurance back in the days when we had cards.
You would go into the a local office to obtain a NIN, pay your stamp or make a claim.
The Ministry then became the Department of Health and Social Security in the 70s.
You would then have to go into a Social Security Office to obtain a NIN.
As far as I'm aware, that was the case up until 2001 when the DHSS became the DWP.
Where you go to obtain a NIN now, I have no idea, perhaps the OP could enlighten us?

I think if you go in with a decent fistful of email print-outs / page prints then you won't have any problems. Everybody knows that we now live in an online world, and all the government agencies are trying to do is show 'due diligence' in validating your claim. If you think about it, it's not in the UK governments interests to not let you pay them tax.

It used to be an agency called the Ministry of National Insurance back in the days when we had cards.
You would go into the a local office to obtain a NIN, pay your stamp or make a claim.
The Ministry then became the Department of Health and Social Security in the 70s.
You would then have to go into a Social Security Office to obtain a NIN.
As far as I'm aware, that was the case up until 2001 when the DHSS became the DWP.
Where you go to obtain a NIN now, I have no idea, perhaps the OP could enlighten us?

I got the interview through a company called quickstart, the interview is at: Cityside NINO Jobcentre Plus Office, 13-29 Settles Street, Stepney, London, E1 1JW. Im not sure what department its through.

I think if you go in with a decent fistful of email print-outs / page prints then you won't have any problems. Everybody knows that we now live in an online world, and all the government agencies are trying to do is show 'due diligence' in validating your claim. If you think about it, it's not in the UK governments interests to not let you pay them tax.

Thats it, im sure they just want to see the effort shown in looking for a job.

This is the way its worded in the email: In case you are not employed please provide 3 letters from employers you have been in contact with - either for an interview or merely contacted online, proving you are seeking employment; Online print outs are acceptable – please note that they should contain the Company Name and Contact telephone number of the prospective employer.

Ive only one email from an employer that shows contact details, the rest are just confirmation emails.

You should be fine with the emails, if you have your email and their response it shows what you have done. You could print out the company details as well if you want, or perhaps prepare a list of what you have done to find work. Date, company contacted or agency signed with...., response, future actions.
They are only there to prevent people falsely claiming, be confident since you are in the clear.
Good luck.

Reply to National Insurance Number in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock