Discuss Need Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I can see a few problems there...

(EDITED)

1) The wiring to the sensor and relay is muddled up, you have the load side of the relay going back to the sensor instead of out to the valve (which I assume is connected to the terminal block externally.)
2) Which of the two SSR types shown are you using? The S102S11 has a triac output for AC loads only and cannot switch DC (it will stick on permanently). FWIW it also needs an external input current setting resistor. The SSR 10DD is DC output although there seem to be a variety of different versions of it.
3) Does the relay need a snubber / catch diode for the solenoid coil, or is that internally suppressed? Do you need a shunt resistor across the relay input to allow for sensor output leakage (what it its off-state current threshold?)

Last edited:
I can see a few problems there...

(EDITED)

1) The wiring to the sensor and relay is muddled up, you have the load side of the relay going back to the sensor instead of out to the valve (which I assume is connected to the terminal block externally.)
2) Which of the two SSR types shown are you using? The S102S11 has a triac output for AC loads only and cannot switch DC (it will stick on permanently). FWIW it also needs an external input current setting resistor. The SSR 10DD is DC output although there seem to be a variety of different versions of it.
3) Does the relay need a snubber / catch diode for the solenoid coil, or is that internally suppressed? Do you need a shunt resistor across the relay input to allow for sensor output leakage (what it its off-state current threshold?)

1) Yes there is a solenoid valve. Muddled up? Can u explain a more on that?
2) Sorry for the confusion. Im using the SSR 10DD
3) Internally suppressed. Doesnt need resistor.

Confuse of the wiring because its based on the previous drawing. i just modify it by using sensor.

Need Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay Capture.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
You do need some new specs MW. The sensor is shown as having two 'out -' terminals, one of which is connected to the input of the relay and one to the output, while its +ve supply is shown coming from the -ve of the PSU via the solenoid. It's all jumbled. OP, please post the spec / link for the sensor so we know how that is actually connected inside.

You do need some new specs MW. The sensor is shown as having two 'out -' terminals, one of which is connected to the input of the relay and one to the output, while its +ve supply is shown coming from the -ve of the PSU via the solenoid. It's all jumbled. OP, please post the spec / link for the sensor so we know how that is actually connected inside.

Im using the
1)SSR 10DD for the relay

2)Baumer Diffuse Sensor with background suppression O300.GR . 4 wire
(https://www.baumer.com/ch/en/produc...1T_72CU_0000_web_EN.pdf?mediaPK=8800337133598)

3)100-240V AC, 8 terminal strip and solenoid valve.
[automerge]1570841386[/automerge]
TheNewguy the drawings looks right but my eyes are getting bad due to old age and I can’t read the writing

Im sorry its so small. Here the new drawing and wiring. If u you can verify it would be really helpful to meNeed Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay Capture.PNG - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1570841488[/automerge]

Here the new wiring that i modify based on what u said on the previous replyNeed Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay Capture.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

for the additional information. the sensor is push pull sensor.

the system use ssr 10dd, solenoid valve and baumer sensor push pull.
I’m sorry I can’t help you
[automerge]1570847229[/automerge]
the system use ssr 10dd, solenoid valve and baumer sensor push pull.
You are in electronics I’m in electrical I know hoe to wire a solenoid you have a solid state relay which needs power to energize then are your contacts N./O or N/C. I guess I need you to paint me a picture of how your devices work and 1 wire had 2 separate numbers on it

Last edited:
sorry sir. the contact is N/O. the sensor is use to detect with background suppresion. when it detect the solenoid valve open and push the air out. i hope it can clarify the imformation that u needed

Need Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay Capture.PNG - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1570850181[/automerge]

Im using the
1)SSR 10DD for the relay

2)Baumer Diffuse Sensor with background suppression O300.GR . 4 wire (https://www.baumer.com/ch/en/produc...1T_72CU_0000_web_EN.pdf?mediaPK=8800337133598)

Attachments

• Need Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay Capture.PNG - EletriciansForums.net
    Capture.PNG
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
sorry sir. the contact is N/O. the sensor is use to detect with background suppresion. when it detect the solenoid valve open and push the air out. i hope it can clarify the imformation that u needed

View attachment 53074

Im using the
1)SSR 10DD for the relay

2)Baumer Diffuse Sensor with background suppression O300.GR . 4 wire (https://www.baumer.com/ch/en/produc...1T_72CU_0000_web_EN.pdf?mediaPK=8800337133598)

Is that terminal block inside the valve ?

View attachment 53074

Im using the
1)SSR 10DD for the relay

all the valves I’ve worked on is air to open and spring to close

Me? I'm good. Are you actually the OP having a conversation with yourself?
@electro I have been discussing a drawing from @thenewguy
Me? I'm good. Are you actually the OP having a conversation with yourself?
@electro you know for 2 days I’ve been getting emails from @thenew guy but the drawing you posted was clear and colored and made since I get so wrapped up sometimes don’t even look at who sent it. I still don’t know what he really wanted y’all have a good laugh
[automerge]1570934911[/automerge]
@electro I have been discussing a drawing from @thenewguy

@electro you know for 2 days I’ve been getting emails from @thenew guy but the drawing you posted was clear and colored and made since I get so wrapped up sometimes don’t even look at who sent it. I still don’t know what he really wanted y’all have a good laugh
Electro this thread has been going on for 2 days

I'm just worried thenewguy is going to blast 240V through that sensor and kill it
Electro he couldn’t have put 240vac across the solid state relay, it was own a DC power supply
I'm just worried thenewguy is going to blast 240V through that sensor and kill it
electro he couldn’t put 240vac across the sensor since it is being fed by a 24DC power supply thanks for your help and at least I could read your drawing good job

Reply to Need Advise!! Help me with this wiring. NPN sensor/Solid State Relay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock