Discuss need help filling out a test form in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have to say i'm amazed, whilst I respect you trying on your own in this tough financial climate, You really will strugle with your NIC assessment. In your shoes I would postpone my assessment and go do the C&G 2391. It's a great course and worth every penny.

oh come on :D:D:D:D:D

Now you are having a laugh 2391 a great course ?????????

if it is that great why are they having to split it up to make it easier ???

2391 needs changing and rapidly when i took it in 2004 it was solely aimed at the domestic market .

lo and behold along came part p for other trade who could not manage it .

It should be split up into the main academic side like 29 week evenings and then sit the exam.

once you have got that then you sit the practical that way at least you know the theory and then prove afterward.

The pass mark is around 20 to 30 percent per exam as i am led to believe .

What we are all missing here is not the fact that we have to try to get work experience then qualified this was called an apprenticeship. Know many of these around no i did not thinks .

and by the way 2391 is now the design course as well.

so everyone what do you think needs to happen more training more jobs ??

the answer is one governing body for electrical like the way the gas corgi is
and yes i know thats not perfect but at least is is in one place

happy new year to you all

I fail to see how you can claim that in 2004 it was aimed at the domestic market. I did mine in 2003 and there were short and long answer questions on 3p inspection and testing along with problems in industrial, commercial and agricultural situations. My course was 14 week evenings followed by a 2hour practical and then a 2 and a half hour written exam.

Also the 2391 is not the design course. the 2391 02 is the design course just changed the number is all from 2400.

I fail to see how you can claim that in 2004 it was aimed at the domestic market. I did mine in 2003 and there were short and long answer questions on 3p inspection and testing along with problems in industrial, commercial and agricultural situations. My course was 14 week evenings followed by a 2hour practical and then a 2 and a half hour written exam.

Also the 2391 is not the design course. the 2391 02 is the design course just changed the number is all from 2400.

hi there
sorry mate you are behind a little C & G 2391-301.302,303,304 is all under one number to avoid confusion ???

this has replaced 2400 just sat the exam on the 9th Dec and sent project of last week some effort !

What i was implying that was the way the course was aimed was not as the commercial side as it was set up on the domestic theme so when you came to the exam many had studied the domestic stuff and were stuffed when it came to it. I work with two guys who had this happen to them in 2006 and 2007 and have spent some time in helping them through it. all that effort to find it may be split into two areas ???

yeah you guessed it commercial and domestic so if our friend on here has a niceic inspection will that only be domestic or industrial with so many trade associations around all with varying degrees of standards what should it be ?

The idea of a standard testing regime is good and of course can be used in both spheres but a what point do you draw the line.

i will start a new thread if you don't mind about what standard of competence should an electrician deemed to be competent
i know what the reg state .

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I understand a little more about what you are getting at now.

I agree with your thoughts on a "corgi" style body for insp and test, as there are as you rightly state so many different associations for part "p" out there.

I dont think you could seperate the main area's of the work i.e domestic, industrial commercial agricultural etc as where I live a company could not survive on domestic alone - very rural.

In larger cities you probably could as indeed some of the guys on here do.

Also starting a new thread like the one you suggested will open a massive can of worms as lots of people feel very strongly about it.

whoops done it anyway

i like worms cut one in half and you get two.
bit like mondays now seem like the rest of the week

back tomorrrow for more testing and stuff

dont you feel sorry for the poor lottery winner who is 800000 short because of lost tickets sales

cheers

Reply to need help filling out a test form in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net