Discuss New 18th edition regs in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm actually really looking forward to the 18th coming out, I've read them all since the 16th Edition and have really enjoyed the story so far. Not sure how they can top 2015's brilliant Amendment 3 short story but I've heard the 18th is their longest book yet. Can't wait

On a serious note the only thing I like about the 18th is the colour of the front cover. Can't believe it's £95 too :mad: luckily I wasted £155 on an IET membership last year to get mine for the bargain price of £61... £155 a year well spent for a £34 saving.

Yay.

I ordered the 18th edition, on site guide and GN3 yesterday for the grand price of £128!! for all three books, had a choice between suppliers, so went with NAPIT as I havent read there code breakers eicr book they were giving away with it (its 17th ed so shifting leftover stock for free?) the niceic were giving books away too but have read them.
Just got to wait for it to be delivered on release day now... I feel like a little kid at xmas!

I was reading the Professional Electrician on-line rag, the other day, their latest edition. There was a link on the 18th Edition, from a company that sells earth rods etc. They were rubbing their hands about us having to install earth rods everywhere, 'cos its in the forthcoming 18th.

Someone is either gonna have a lot of extra work, or some company gonna have a lot of scrap copper on their hands :)

The supply authority will never allow multiple earth rods, it will compromise the supply system. The wiring "regs" have no jurisdiction over supply matters.

The supply authority will never allow multiple earth rods, it will compromise the supply system. The wiring "regs" have no jurisdiction over supply matters.

Why would they not, and how will it compromise the supply system?

Main bonding to structural steelwork, metal pipes and lightning protection is already acting as an earth rod connected in this way in many installations.

Reply to New 18th edition regs in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock