Discuss New build Rewire price help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

baazab

-
Reaction score
Hi to big electricians
Need help pricing this new build rewire
Just labour only no materials involved

They have 14 houses to do
Can anyone help pls it's local to me no travel cost
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20230125-WA0026.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-20230125-WA0028.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 39
Location ?

Up the North probably £300 a day labour rates

Down the South £450 a day labour rates

London £8000 a day LAbour rates

Hi thanks for the replies
I don't think I can make any profits if I charging day rates I need to price them one figure which will cover my helper the stress the hidden cables the hours for testing screwing the faces, day rates I think works if you helping a mate no stress 4pm go home,

How much do you want to earn for each full day you spend on-site , multiply this by the number of days you feel it will take per house add a bit for mess ups and call backs and you will have your price per house.
Everyone works at a different pace , someone will say it will take 3 days to 1st fix , another person would take 4. Only you know how fast you work

How much do you want to earn for each full day you spend on-site , multiply this by the number of days you feel it will take per house add a bit for mess ups and call backs and you will have your price per house.
Everyone works at a different pace , someone will say it will take 3 days to 1st fix , another person would take 4. Only you know how fast you work
I agree with you and will take your advice thanks Dustydazzler
Big respect

Agree I’ve seen some really bad installs.& getting worse I think… that’s what you get when you price so low… bish bash bop😎
Some new build price work is shockingly low and getting lower. When I got out the new build game Builders were wanting a new build house wired and 2nd fixed for £1600 etc
With the price of materials sparks would need to do the 1st fix in 1 day and 2nd fix in 1 day and any testing other than a bang test to make any profit at all on todays new work prices

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new build price work is shockingly low and getting lower. When I got out the new build game Builders were wanting a new build house wired and 2nd fixed for £1600 etc
With the price of materials sparks would need to do the 1st fix in 1 day and 2nd fix in 1 day and any testing other than a bang test to make any profit at all on todays new work prices
Which doesn't make sense, with the price of houses. Methinks some builders/developers are just getting greedy.

Reply to New build Rewire price help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net