NICEIC Certification Scheme New Circuit - NO RCDs

Discuss New Circuit - NO RCDs in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A client wants an outdoor socket installing on a new circuit. The current installation doesn't have any RCDs for the other circuits. I would put the new circuit on an RCBO but I'm concerned about signing off the installation with the other circuits not protected by RCD. Anyone know what the rules are here? When completing the EIC, my understanding is that you are effectively signing off the entire installation. I stand to be corrected, but please let me know where this is written down. Thanks

IMG_1222.jpg

Age of install, 2005ish with duel colours…. Shouldn’t at least downstairs sockets would have rcd from new?
Edit.
The few blanks in the middle might suggest an rcd was once fitted in the middle, but it’s been removed for whatever reason.

have you had the cover off? Just one busbar?

If it has been converted from split board, you could “repair” and at least get all the sockets on rcd.

Or try to upscale to a replacement full RCBO board

Last edited:
Your Certificate covers your work only, obviously check main protective bonding. State on the Certificate the exact extent of works.
Thanks westward10.

So, on the schedule of inspections, I just answer the questions in relation to the new circuit not the old ones? And on the schedule of test results, just fill out the test results from the new circuit? I could also write about the other circuits not being protected by RCD in the comments box?

It's my first time doing a new circuit on an old CU with no RCDs.

Reply to New Circuit - NO RCDs in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net