Discuss New Drill Set in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a new Drill set - SDS/Combi and possibly impact after mine were stolen unfortunately. I’ve saved up some money and found a kit on Screwfix that look okay: https://www.screwflix..com/p/dewalt...ushless-cordless-4-piece-power-tool-kit/2013p

Any recommendations would be great. I’ve roughly £500 to spend.

that dewaltkit looks good. if you are employed youmay be able to get it invoiced to your employer who can claim the vat back. then you could save £82. that's what we used to do.

Can definitely say I've found the Millwaukee stuff good - I use the 12V for most things because of the lightness (Combi Drill and Impact) then treated myself to an 18V Combi for the longer holes through walls and even that is incredibly compact.

You can definirely get some good prices at Screwfix or Toolstation - Just be wary if comparing screwfix kit prices across the internet - they have a habit of getting special kits that are only produced for them and may be slightly lower spec than ones on other websites (not brushless for example).

Can definitely say I've found the Millwaukee stuff good - I use the 12V for most things because of the lightness (Combi Drill and Impact) then treated myself to an 18V Combi for the longer holes through walls and even that is incredibly compact.

You can definirely get some good prices at Screwfix or Toolstation - Just be wary if comparing screwfix kit prices across the internet - they have a habit of getting special kits that are only produced for them and may be slightly lower spec than ones on other websites (not brushless for example).

I did look at the Milwaukee 12v SDS but you are limited by the chuck size and can only fit a 12mm Drill Bit in. I had the one from Toolstation. Which was excellent, but I found the SDS a little big and awkward to use, above ceilings etc. So decided to look at the Screwfix kit as it looks good and the storage boxes are great.

My current set is HitachI , I must admit for the cheap price I am rather impressed.
I have used them and abused them for a good few years now and they are still going strong

I have the 18v combi , 18v impact and the torich (lost the torch which was annoyin)

think I paid about £160-180 ball park

i have a hitachi 24V SDS. nice tool but only dawback is batteries are MiH. not Li Ion.

"Cheap" and " Hitachi" (or Hikoki) aren't words often found in the same sentence these days.

im sure I got mine via screwfix on sale a few years ago

were cheaper than the usual deWalt , makita etc

been Really impressed with the hitacho considering I have used & abused them

back to OP. gofor the dewalt set from screwfix. you need a impact driver which some of the other kits don't have.

I’m looking to buy a new Drill set - SDS/Combi and possibly impact after mine were stolen unfortunately. I’ve saved up some money and found a kit on Screwfix that look okay: https://www.screwflix..com/p/dewalt...ushless-cordless-4-piece-power-tool-kit/2013p

Any recommendations would be great. I’ve roughly £500 to spend.
I bought this set last year (or was it the year before) on sale sub £500. Anyway.

SDS is great for chasing and also used to remove rough cast of house, but it is heavy, tiring if having to use above head height.

Drill is good with enough power and torque settings.

Impact driver, has three settings, first setting is good for screws into plaster board (just), setting 2 is the one I use for screwing into hard wood or removing stubborn screws. Setting 3 is way to powerful.

Torch is alright, for having a quick look around dark places, but not any good to use as a portable worklight. Don't really use it.

Boxes the come seem great, but they are bulky. SDS and torch come in the large box loads of space (to store SDS bits loosely. Driver and impact come in smaller box with charger (with top cover pops open for storage of drills bits etc. Personally I would have preferred set came in a bag, then again boxes do really protect your tools.

Reply to New Drill Set in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock