Discuss New Garage Supply Certs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

you already have one completed EIC for your original work , that cant be changed so put it to one side.
the rest of the planned work can be recorded on 1 extra EIC with 2 test schedules.
christ almighty.

Depends on if it has already been notified or not, often if I know there is additional work to do, with the CU change as a prelude, I will hold back the paperwork until the job is finished, although I will not hold it back for months and months on end.

Last edited:
Am i missing something here ???
What has notification got to do with how you write out your certs ?? they completely seperate issues.
And Murdoch you cant add to the original cert once its been signed and dated even if your test software allows you to do so.

I'm now getting lost here guys, looks like i'll be charging more to fill out Certs than for doing the actual job.

I was thinking of producing a new EIC for the installation of the sub main and adding a second SoTR for the garage. If it's wrong then i'll hold my hand up.

No, not really,

If the job has already been notified, then you have no choice but to issue another EIC, but this will include two sets of SoI's and two sets of SoTR's (although you may be able to use one SoI for the lot), as Biff said.

You need two sets of SoTR's as you have two different installs, with two different supply characteristics, if this makes sense.

Bloody difficult to word on a forum!

Am i missing something here ???
What has notification got to do with how you write out your certs ?? the completely seperate issues.
And Murdoch you cant add to the original cert once its been signed and dated even if you test software allows you to do so.

Because, if it has not gone through (notified yet), he can notify it all as one job, hence under One EIC, when you notify you have to put the description and extent of the work, this can all be included together.

The original Cert for replacing the CU has been signed off and notified.

I'll be able to produce a new EIC solely for the installation of the sub main. I will then add a second sheet of test results for the installed components in the garage from the second board.

If this isn't acceptable can you please explain why?

Sorry gents - you must be sick of this by now!

As an example Biff,

If I fit a new CU one week, and I know for definate there is a shower to fit the week after, then I will not finalise the paperwork or notify it until the Job is finished, this is common sense, it saves duplicate paperwork and two notifications and attendant fees.

Reply to New Garage Supply Certs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock