Discuss New Kewtech tester in the pipeline in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Kewtech are at the later stages of designing the new MFT, like all the others will be made by Kyoritsu.
The new one will be largely based on this https://www.kew-ltd.co.jp/en/products/detail/01193/

Looks bold and different. from my point of view it will be essential as so many chargers now have type B RCDs built in that you need to test them. Should also be releasing one of the EV testing adaptors in early 2021 aswell. Whether I stick with Kewtech or go to a different brand will largely be down to price I think.

Not found a price for the Kyoritsu version yet.
The SPD test is interesting, wonder when we might find a AFDD tester on the market?

Kyoritsu 6516 Multi Function Tester Features​

DISPLAY ・Color LCD 3.5 inches dot matrix.
ATT ・Anti-Trip Technology (with 2 & 3 wire) for no trip LOOP L-PE testing on all RCDs.
・With 2 wire only, very useful in case of no Neutral (i.e. 3-phase motor lines).
LOOP ・High test current range of 2Ω with 0.001Ω resolution.
・Zs Limit compares the values required by Electrical Installations Standard with measured results.
RCD ・Type AC, A, F, B(General & Selective), EV and Variable RCDs.
・Single and Auto test, Ramp test and Contact voltage.
EARTH・Earth resistance test 2 and 3 wires with all accessories included.
INSULATION ・Resistance test 100, 250, 500 & 1000V with auto discharge voltage.
CONTINUITY・Continuity test at 200mA or 15mA with selectable buzzer for fast judgment.
PHASE ROTATION ・On 3-phase lines with clear indication of the sequence on the display.
VOLTS ・TRMS Voltage measurements 2-600V, Mains Frequency.
HELP ・Display shows how to connect the instrument according to the function selected.
SPD ・Surge Protection Device test, for SPD that uses varistor.
PAT ・Portable Appliance Tester function, for Insulation & Protective conductor resistance test

it would go with this?:
1607437459554.png
how often do you where that .lol.

I like the testers that show you a tick on the display pass or fail when testing ,me thinks megger is well
behind the times ,when other company's are done it . considering they the firsts to introduce testers in the beginning .

Last edited:
I like the testers that show you a tick on the display pass or fail when testing ,me thinks megger is well
behind the times ,when other company's are done it . considering they the firsts to introduce testers in the beginning .
ticks are for sheep or plumbers that can't read numbers. I'll stick with my Megger that tells me the resistance is 0.25Ω or whatever, not a tick.

Reply to New Kewtech tester in the pipeline in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net