SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss New Martindale Proving Unit with CalCheck in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

TonyMitchell

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Received a mailshot from Martindale this morning introducing their new proving units with calibration checking function.
Like some others, I've previously not bothered with a proving unit as use an incomer or other known live source to prove, however this relatively inexpensive device is tempting...

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Dan

Admin
Martindale PD690SX 50V/120V/230V/400V/690V AC Proving Unit with CALCHECK
  • Safely proves the operation of voltage indicators and test lamps up to 690V
  • Unique CALCHECK function for multifunction installation tests
  • Individual LED indicators matched to voltage indicator thresholds
  • Long battery life with low battery indicator
  • Includes MAG3 high strength magnetic hanger
  • Colour coded for voltage output
1568909326221.png

Just thought it'd be handy for those scanning threads. :)

I haven't got a clue what it is. :D :p

TonyMitchell

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It'd have to be less than 30 to be considered i expensive in my book.
I don't think there's any proving units at that price, unless you go the second hand route.
The cheapest ones start around £55
This unit is list price £119, as it's a new line there's no prices to compare yet, however I'd expect a regular wholesaler to offer it the right side of a ton.

SparkySy

-
Arms
@happyhippydad
No it wasn't me who recommend it but they are awesome, only had it about a week and I will be selling all my other screwdrivers soon on eBay it's that good!!:)

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've just spotted the Batavia in the background 😄.
I think it was you who recommended it! It's great 😊
What's the deal with alternative bits for it ? Are they available from the same manufacturer ? Is it a standard 1/4" hex fitting ?

happyhippydad

-
Arms
Esteemed
What's the deal with alternative bits for it ? Are they available from the same manufacturer ? Is it a standard 1/4" hex fitting ?
It seems to take standard bits. Just like the bits you would have in a impact driver.
Its not VDE rated so I dont think I'll be taking the plunge and selling my screwdrivers like Sparksfly but for undoing and doing up socket screws its great. Its not at all powerful, but that's what the impact driver is for.

Reply to New Martindale Proving Unit with CalCheck in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom