Discuss New pat tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As QS it's up to me to choose a new pat tester we have the megger pat 4 dv at the mo but its old and slow and time consuming to use we are not pat testing all the time but when we do there tends to be 100s to do rather than the odd 1 or 2 we are looking for something we can download results from but perhaps not as flashy as the Seward Apollo 600
all advice welcome, mark

The UK PAT market is heavily saturated with different PAT testers which can often make it more confusing for someone looking for the right equipment.
You are right that you might not necessarily need something at the very top end if the tester is just getting occassional use.
To give you a few suggestions I would probably recommend having a look at the following models:

Metrel GammaPAT Pro PAT Tester: Basic downloadable PAT tester which PAT Software included. Carries out basic tests on 230V appliances, IT equipment and extension leads.
Stores test results along with basic appliance information which can be downloaded via USB where a PAT Certificate can be automatically created.

Metrel DeltaPAT: Like the GammaPAT but with testing facilities to carry out Earth Leakage, Touch Current and RCD Trip Time testing on 230V appliances.

Megger PAT410/420: More towards the top end of the market but a logical choice if you are currently using the Megger PAT4/DV3. The PAT400 series has similar functions and interface to the PAT4/DV3 but is a lot quicker and highly improved. Data can be entered via its keyboard and transferred back and forth from and to the computer via a standard USB stick. The tester also stores a database of customers so site and location does not have to be continuously filled in before or after each test. The PAT410 is available for 230V testing only or the Megger PAT420 for both 230V and 110V testing.

If you require more in depth information regarding these or any other PAT testers you are welcome to PM me or call us on 0113 248 9966.

Hope this might help

Reply to New pat tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net