Discuss New Pyronix Enforcer Wifi in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trainwreck

Hi, been looking at the new enforcer wifi alarm kits and was wondering if anyone knew what the score was if you didn't keep paying for the server access?

I assume that you just loose the smart functionality and cameras, but otherwise the alarm works as normal? And if you have a PTSN or GSM autodialler then that would still work to alert you if the alarm is triggered?

Thanks in advance

As far as I'm aware, you are correct. You'd lose the ability to monitor the alarm through your phone. If memory serves, it's only £36/year after the first year which you get free.

You don't have to configure it. I installed ours, got it all set, and then configured the Pyronix Cloud side of it.

My panel came with the WiFi module pre-installed. If that's the Digi-1200, then yes.

If it is the WiFi module, it basically connects the panel to a designated WiFi network allowing it to communicate with the Pyronix Cloud service. You can then also use their management software to connect to it remotely for a remote automatic service and programming, this side of things needs to be enabled in the engineering menu on the panel, but it is pretty cool as I can make settings tweaks from my desktop PC :)

Thanks. The one I am looking at has the wifi module also, but it also gives me an option to add the Digi-1200 onto it. It says it can be used with a number of programmes, but could of been to help programme the alarm, or something else completely. Thanks for you reply though. Did you find it easy enough to install?

Hi, been looking at the new enforcer wifi alarm kits and was wondering if anyone knew what the score was if you didn't keep paying for the server access?

I assume that you just loose the smart functionality and cameras, but otherwise the alarm works as normal? And if you have a PTSN or GSM autodialler then that would still work to alert you if the alarm is triggered?

Thanks in advance

The cameras are not linked to the alarm they are completely separate but are used in the smart phone/tablet app.
If you stop paying for the cloud service you will not be able to use the app and other services.
The PSTN & the normal GSM modems will not do cloud services, but you can use the SMS service.
You can only install one modem in the panel.

As regards installing the Enforcer, as wireless systems go its very easy.

I'll second that, setting up is pretty straight forward. Once you get used to the menu navigation on the panel it's not too bad, but much easier doing it from a PC.

Thanks very much for all of that. Have now placed an order for one, fingers crossed I can get it to work!

I understand the Digi 1200 allows a 3rd party to then message you, so I think I'll go for a speech dialler at some point as receiving a phonecall when the alarm triggers is the most likely way of me actually hearing it

Reply to New Pyronix Enforcer Wifi in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net