Currently reading:
New road tax system

Discuss New road tax system in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think this change is assuming everybody has the vehicle registered at the correct address and we are all law abiding!
electricians and law abiding in the same sentence? Really? Lol.
But seriously lads, it's a once a year necessity to stay on the road, how could you forget? Happy new year lads, hope it's a prosperous one for all and umbrella companies all go bankrupt!

I reported two cars parked outside my house that (according to the gov website) were SORN. Three weeks later they clamped the remaining vehicle and the owner must have paid the fine because they released it the next day!!!
It's a farce really.
i got banned for not having a drivers license on December 1st for 6months! License is recorded as bein received in my court house on 16th November with my plea guilty to speeding form! Shoulda been 3pointa and £70 but court incompetence means I'm down as banned. Haven't been stopped once yet and it still isn't sorted properly!

"Hello GMES",

I have not read all of he replies so sorry if this has already been mentioned - and am sure that you thought of this at the time but just in case:

Unless there was a problem in early November with the postal deliveries in your area you should have received 2 separate Vehicle Excise Duty reminders - one for each Vehicle that needed renewing at the end of November.

Even if ONE was `lost in the post` I would doubt that 2 were.

I agree that the Tax Disc was a good reminder - but the DVLA decided they could save a lot of money by abolishing it.

I think that You have been VERY Lucky not to have been caught by a ANPR Camera / Police Car ANPR Camera.

We have ANPR Vans constantly driving around the Streets in the area of South London where I live - they find Untaxed or Uninsured vehicles [or unpaid Parking Tickets] and immediately clamp them and arrange for the vehicle to be removed as quickly as possible by being lifted onto a lorry.

"Happy New Year"

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
"Hello GMES",

I have not read all of he replies so sorry if this has already been mentioned - and am sure that you thought of this at the time but just in case:

Unless there was a problem in early November with the postal deliveries in your area you should have received 2 separate Vehicle Excise Duty reminders - one for each Vehicle that needed renewing at the end of November.

Even if ONE was e `lost in the post` I would doubt that 2 were.

I agree that the Tax Disc was a good reminder - but the DVLA decided they could save a lot of money by abolishing it.

I think that You have been VERY Lucky no to have been caught by a ANPR Camera / Police Car ANPR Camera.

We have ANPR Vans constantly driving around the Streets in the area of South London where I live - they find Untaxed or Uninsured vehicles [or unpaid Parking Tickets]and immediately clamp them and arrange for them to be removed by being lifted onto a lorry.

"Happy New Year"

Regards,

Chris
Yes it is same here , any events etc usually have ANPR surveillance nearby.
There was an obvious and publicised presence at the entrance to the British GP a Silverstone last year.

After having a bit of a read of this lot, I've decided......I'm selling all my vehicles and getting the old bike out.

Abolishing the tax disc may and I stress 'may' be something to do with the EU as Cyprus did this at least 5 years ago and are now changing their number plates to the euro style ones like the German, Irish, Polish etc ones, where they're white both front and back and display the month and year of registration. So if it's an EU thing then this could be happening here next!

Reply to New road tax system in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock