Discuss New Site - Comment + Advise please in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

axel132132

Hi all i created my site on Moonfruit.com - this is such a easy website to use (Im not advertising for them lol) I just think its so good for what you pay...]

It costs £8 / month with that you get a URL (like www.----.co.uk) along with 5 emails ([email protected] + 4 more etc) and as many pages as you like its much more of a cost effective way i believe than paying someone £500 quid to make a site as i can go on and customise it when ever and were ever i want

Any spelling mistakes, bad errors or general advise on making it better would be greatly appreciated

© Unicorn Electrical

=]

Also quick one.. Has anyone advertised in THOMSONLOCAL.COM.. They rang me today wanting me to advertise on there website for £150 for 6 months.. You think i would get work from this?

Cheers

couple of points. 1. you MUST have a landline number prominent on the site. 2. spelling. disappointed ( 1 s, 2 p's ). 3. don't like the word cheapest. try and reword as highly competitive, will try and beat any genuine like for like quote.

I dont have a landline number my mums always gets PPI claims every 2 min so we just unplugged phone and use mobiles.. =/

You list two business addresses but only give one mobile number.

Appears to have a vertical scroll bar for no apparent reason on my display. There's nothing that's not already visible on my screen.

Some of the twitter messages look a little odd: "i can recommend a good electrical company willing to help do any electrical work for hour son room, free of charge" ... maybe there's nothing you can do about that.

Looking at the site,you have two officies but only one mobile No,as tel said would rather see a land line number.
also would like to see better back round colour.IMO

"We are currently offering a FREE*visiual inspection of your home with any work carried out - this will make sure that your home is upto current regulations and that it is safe"

You can determine that from a 'free visual check' ?

that bit needs expanding on, something on the lines of " we offer a free visual inspection of your home electrics with no obligation advice as to whether any work or further investigation is required".

No accreditation is listed either yet there's something about installing power to a garage.
If I'm honest, the site screams cheap, cheap, cheap with little emphasis on quality or accreditation but maybe that'll suit some of the domestic market or at least the bottom end of it.

receive is e before i. and put legitimate in full, or "genuine" . legit sounds like underworld slang. also ditch "freebie". might work on faceache, but you need to look far more professional.

I will have to be blunt but honest with my impression of the site

I am glad that I can do my own electrics,because the site promises the moon,it tries every trick in the book to get my business,it would make me feel uncomfortable

Websites may help a business,I wouldn't know, but you can't beat
I am glad I know of that local spark Des who's customers have recomended him to me.

You have obviously put some work into the site but it is not there yet, does need to be more professional not just the cheapest available.
spelling is an important point.

Quite neatly laid out as a webpage and OK on the colour scheme but a bit dark for an electrical site.
I would correct the advice about fire rated down lights to the correct reason for installing them and the correct requirements for fire rated downlights.

No mention anywhere of complying with the regulations or providing certification, only unlikely offers of vouchers, etc.
Once in the electrical section it is difficult to get on to the next section e.g. I want to know about lighting and LED lighting and I have to go back and forth and cannot use the browser controls. (but this is my personal methods of browsing).

Does seem odd that one mobile number can cover Huddersfield and Surrey, oh, can I ask for electrical work anywhere in between?

rec·om·mend/ˌrekəˈmend/

Verb:

1. Put forward (someone or something) with approval as being suitable for a particular purpose or role.
  2. Advise or suggest (something) as a course of action.

Lol i live in huddersfield and my gf lives in woking so im pretty much 50/50 so when someone wants me to do work in huddersfield ill do work there, when someone else wants work in woking i work there just depends on were the work is lol

Reply to New Site - Comment + Advise please in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock