Search the forum,

Discuss New Zealand Registration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Conmeister

Hello all

I'm moving to Christchurch to work this coming December. Was just wondering has anyone recently gone through the process of applying to getting registered as an electrician. I've been on the EWRB site and it's left me a bit confused. Am i right in thinking I fill out the Limited Certificate application form and not the Registration application? Or is that for people still to get their full UK qualifications?

It mentions certified copies of your qualifications, who do I get to certify the copies?

If anyone has any advice or further info, it would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Conor

I'm not quiet sure what your getting at, do you have work lined up or are you just moving then hoping for the best?

If you have an employer out in Christchurch they should sort out getting you certified (assuming its the same regs as OZ)

It's been about 6 yrs since I was in Oz but they did everything for me. If you check with you visa supplier they will be able to give yo all the info you need, they will ask what quals you have then they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry I cant help much more.

It mentions certified copies of your qualifications, who do I get to certify the copies

Very much depends on how certified they want your qualifications to be?? For general purposes, any organization body authorised to certify will suffice, eg certain solicitor companies.

Full blown certification can be accommodated by the issueing qualification body eg, C&G Institute, An education Authority, eg your local Higher Education Collage or University etc... A Chartered institute (if your a member) eg, IET, CIBS, etc.

I'd personally get in touch with the NZ consulate or whoever your dealing with for your visa application, and have them tell you who they want you to certify your qualifications with...

Hi
I have worked in New Zealand in 2007 and 2008, and went through the process of becoming a registerd electrician. The process is reasonaby straightforward and in the first instance you should contact the EWRB.
I now work for Burnley College in the UK, an am currently laying the groundwork for holding EWRB accredited New Zealand Electrical Regulations courses here in the UK, using Kiwi tutors. The course would be a 1 week corse and is likely to cost around £500.00
If you are interested in this please contact me and I will send further details.
Cheers
Mark

Hi
I have worked in New Zealand in 2007 and 2008, and went through the process of becoming a registerd electrician. The process is reasonaby straightforward and in the first instance you should contact the EWRB.
I now work for Burnley College in the UK, an am currently laying the groundwork for holding EWRB accredited New Zealand Electrical Regulations courses here in the UK, using Kiwi tutors. The course would be a 1 week corse and is likely to cost around £500.00
If you are interested in this please contact me and I will send further details.
Cheers
Mark

Hi

I am interested talking your course to become a EWRB accredited registerd electrician in NZ
I am a jib electrician with 10 years in the building game with city and guilds, NVQ 3 PART P 17th ed quailfications.

my e mail address is [email protected]

regards

solomon

I ws over in 2001 and got registered

EWRB was in wellington near the tax office. I went into the office aand they checked my origional certs and took photocopys.

when i was over you needed

you will need to get the current ASNZ regs
Site safe passport
health and safety course.

if you have over 10 years experiance youwill be ok with that to be registered if not you may have to to a trade test.
there are plety of training places over there get in touch with the EWRB and ask they are healpfull

Reply to New Zealand Registration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net