• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Discuss Minimum training and supervised work for registraion with EWRB in the Electrical Talk - All Other Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everybody. A newbie here. So, please point to me if I am in the wrong room.

I am really considering applying for registration with the EWRB in New Zealand. I am living in Melbourne at the moment but I have worked in Hong Kong for a long time.

From what I understand so far, the process starts with the assessment and verification of documentary evidence. Then, depending on the outcome, I will be asked to carry out training/assessment/further experience, etc. It will depend on my work experience.

So, I would like to know what will the EWRB ask me to do at a minimum to fulfill the requirement. Like, do I HAVE to work under supervision for a certain period of time?

I am also actively looking for registration here in Melbourne. But the amount of time/cost involved is daunting.

Thanks everyone.

TL;DR
Hong Kong Electrician looking to get registration with EWRB, NZ. What, in minimum, will the EWRB ask me to do in NZ to fulfill the registration requirement?
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Reply to Minimum training and supervised work for registraion with EWRB in the Electrical Talk - All Other Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net