Search the forum,

Discuss NIC or ECA approved contractor in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

The company i work for are NICEIC. At least 90% of our contracts stipulate that they require a NICEIC registered contractor.

I know what you mean, worked for an NIC approved for 5yrs his contract with a large nursing home group stated he must have NIC approved status. Spoke to the ECA today and they reckon they are beginning to become more widely stipulated in commercial contracts I think it's gradually swinging around.

30k turn over, but they waver that if you agree to achieve the 30k minimum within 2yrs of enrollment. It does cost more than the NIC but think it may be worth it if only for the more polite telephone staff :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously if I thought it would work I wouldn't be a member of any of em!!!:p

Unfortunately it doesn't so I'm with Niccy for the only reason that you mention the "others" to anyone and....????????????????????????????????????????????

I suppose the NIC would be easier, already DI with them so just have to bolt it on to my next annual payment and assessment. Wish they didn't have the approved contractor level by the balls, personally I think they would sink without the endorsements from the insurers and local authorities :D

I dont like the Nic one little bit,but

If I was in need of, or thinking about work generating, then I suppose they would have to join me :)

Reply to NIC or ECA approved contractor in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net