NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC Annual Inspection

Discuss NICEIC Annual Inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

petegibbons

I have just received my notification that I have my annual inspection coming up in May.

I missed out on an inspection last year as my usual Inspector (and friend) was seriously ill and has since passed away. Therefore I have not had one for 2 years.

Can anyone give me any advice on what they may be looking for, is there anything they are pretty strong on at the moment etc.?

I also issue approx 300 periodic inspection reports along with 100 installation certificates per month, for the last year instead of purchasing NICEIC certificates I have been issuing my own on the computer. I currently have these on the computer only, will I have to print and file them all so he can see them or will the records on the computer be sufficient?

Any help anyone could give me would be appreciated.

I would have thought it would be in your own interest to print them off and keep a copy, you know what computers are like. Once they are gone!!!
Sorry cant help on the other bits

300 periodics a month, thats 10 per day.......you must have a small army of blokes on periodics

Pete, I had mine a few months ago, amazingly enough no mention was made of 17th edition.

The main thing they were keen on was the desktop review including checking liability insurance...H&S Policy & literature, and most of all Certification.
The on-site visits mainly consisted on the usual requirement for demo of Inspect & test procedures etc

I think you should print out these P.I. R s E.I.Cs etc [ a pain I know ]..you need to take the relevant ones with you to the selected sites anyway.

By the way ! was your previous assessor John Gibbons ?

regards..........spark1:)

Pete, I had mine a few months ago, amazingly enough no mention was made of 17th edition.

The main thing they were keen on was the desktop review including checking liability insurance...H&S Policy & literature, and most of all Certification.
The on-site visits mainly consisted on the usual requirement for demo of Inspect & test procedures etc

I think you should print out these P.I. R s E.I.Cs etc [ a pain I know ]..you need to take the relevant ones with you to the selected sites anyway.

By the way ! was your previous assessor John Gibbons ?

regards..........spark1:)

Yes, John was my previous inspector. Were you given the honour of having him as well?

I thought he was a great man, excellent at his job and a great help to me as a contractor. He was also my tutor when I was initially training so I have known him all my adult life really. Pretty sad what happened to him, he worked hard all his life and used to tell me all his great plans for his retirement, sadly he never got there. There is a lesson in that for us all somewhere.

I will get everything we have issued printed up, I expect all our desktop material should be up to standard anyway. I expected the new fella to do a bit of exploratory work on us, so I did think he may spend a bit of time talking.

Did you have the person brought in to replace John or did you have Gordon Banks who a few other contractors I know have.

300 periodics a month, thats 10 per day.......you must have a small army of blokes on periodics

I have about 20 staff, 8 of whom (4 electricians, 4 apprentices) do PIR's most days.

I am myself surprised how quickly they rack up, although we do have targets to meet so if we are behind I get others to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete /

That is terrible news to me about john ..i didnt know !

Yes i had Gordon Banks.

Have P.M. d you my e-mail address if you could contact me and we could chat off line......thanks

spark1

Reply to NICEIC Annual Inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock