Search the forum,

Discuss NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

FishJ

Hi Guys,
I am undertaking my first NICEIC Inspection and was wondering if anyone could give me any hints/tips on questions they may ask or tests that I may be asked to do.

I understand that they are big on bonding and earthing in general. I also know the list of books I will be needing (BS7671, On site guide, EAWR, Doc P and 2mill Insurance).

Any additional advice would be much appreciated. Sorry for any idiocy as my company have chucked me in at the deep end abit and im slightly daunted by the process.

Thanks Joe

Welcome to the forum

I assume you are going to be your companies QS, so assume that NICEIC have accepted you as competent. As for the books let your company worry about that.

I think that every assessor will ask for different things, and to be honest he will gauge you and what to ask you to do with his "informal" chat you will have.

As for what he will ask you, well most certainly about the regs and the building regs, and he will not expect you to know them off by heart, so if you don't know look them up.

As for the testing side almost certainly safe isolation will be asked about , and then as it's the NICEIC he may touch on "live" testing and will ask you to test "Dead". A favorite is always part of a ring final continuity test, and perhaps a Ze or PEFC test, which will show your safe isolation skills

Hi Malcolm

Thanks for the comment. And yes I will be my companies QS.

When you say that he will ask me about the regs do you know of the sort of questions that he may ask? Will it most likely be max Zs etc or be more technical than that?

Also has anyone been asked to perform a bonding test i.e wonder lead test?

Many thanks

You could be asked to perform any test really.

Remember you will have a copy of the regs with you and if a question is asked that your not sure of then just explain that and look up the answer in the regs book.

Thats what will happen in real life as you can not know everything.

Reply to NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net