NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC online form confusion

Discuss NICEIC online form confusion in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am constantly confused by the online installation form and what they refer to as "main switch", and "installation worked on". If I have the following arrangement, on a TT system:
NICEIC online form confusion 1643216238541 - EletriciansForums.net
Which is the "main switch / switch fuse /breaker / RCD" referred to in part 8? 100mA RCD, 45A Switch fuse, or the Consumer unit Main switch?

NICEIC online form confusion 1643216349473 - EletriciansForums.net

Then which device is "supply to DB is from" when it is not connected to the origin? 45A switch fuse with the 100mA RCD as "associated RCD"

NICEIC online form confusion 1643216529788 - EletriciansForums.net
Or should I add the 45A Switch-fuse and SWA as a seperate circuit or DB, as otherwise there is nowhere to record the test results?

Many thanks in advance!

Bob.

Last edited:
In the scenario you pictured, the 100mA RCD is the main switch, which feeds a switch fuse, which in turn, feeds a consumer unit as a sub main. This is the correct way to record it, ie the switch fuse gets its own row at the top of the schedule of test results.

In reality, what usually gets put down on the certificate as the main switch, is the one in the consumer unit.

In the scenario you pictured, the 100mA RCD is the main switch, which feeds a switch fuse, which in turn, feeds a consumer unit as a sub main. This is the correct way to record it, ie the switch fuse gets its own row at the top of the schedule of test results.

In reality, what usually gets put down on the certificate as the main switch, is the one in the consumer unit.
Agree It’s a Rcd for main switch, it’s not directly connected to the supply.
The DB Main switch refers to the cert your working on ie: the DB.
I also agree it can get a bit confusing

I have been having a conversation on site recently :

In a factory situation, main intake room which contains the metering equipment, there is a 315A, 60947-3 switch fuse. This feeds a section board complete with MCCB's, which in turn feeds 10 sub boards dotted around the place.

When completing an EIC, for a newly installed circuit, fed from one of the sub boards, fed from the section board, fed from the switch fuse, which point of isolation are you inclined to put as the "main switch" on the test certificate?

I argue its the switch fuse in the intake room, a colleague says the main switch of the DB from which the new circuit originates from.

Apologies if this is a bit out of the blue.

Reply to NICEIC online form confusion in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock