Discuss niceic registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

hi experience im goin to book my assesment with the nic this week iv got me megger calabrated just printed off document part p got me 17th edition just need public liability insurence now, wot sort of questions did the asseser ask ya, were they hard ones dug up frm the big red bible? lol

My NIC assessment was completely different to my Elecsa one. Elecsa basically was 1 1/2 hours going through books, qualifications, insurance .. all the admin stuff and questions and answers on Parts B-P on building regs and then a quick look at the jobs.

NIC checked i had my books (regs etc..) which took 5 mins and then immediately asked for the certs for the jobs we were going to see, looked them over for a good 5 mins - and said ok lets go check them out.
1st job (board change) he looked it over with a fine tooth comb - he checked to see if it was sealed on the cable entry knockouts, also my meter tails were approx 3m and he checked to make sure they wernt any more - i assured him they wernt and explained if they were that i'd fit a fused isolator. My board was nice n neat and the only thing he said is that he'd like to see me using circuit id sticky labels on each cable within the board for my next visit but its not compulsory just good workmanship.

He checked bonding to gas and water, and then asked me to carry out safe isolation. I did this with my megger 1552 and he pulled me up on it and said that i cant use that to check voltage and need a dedicated voltage tester - not his rules so i was like ok and used my fluke t100 voltage tester.

Then he wanted complete ring tests and was checking results with paperwork (r1, rn, r2, r1+r2), Ze, Zs, PFC, RCD x1 & x5. Once i done that he said whilst we were in my house he was calculating all the measurements and calculated what my r1+r2 should be - my recorded reading was higher than my Zs and so he queried it so i said that it was because it was a spur and showed him and he said thats fine thats the only time it will be higher.
Asked me max RCD tripping times on x1 & x5, minimum allowed IR result and a couple of other questions - nothing hard.

Then onto 2nd job - just a couple of lights and sockets - he checked it all and i carried out a Zs and checked it against my paperwork. Then that was it - 2 hours max! I said dont you want to check my paperwork and he said no the NIC deal with all that through the post so he can spend more time on the jobs.

cool cant wait till i hav my assesment just wona be in the club and start makin some real money cos every one wants thm letter N I C E I C does me head in lol you want some numpty ask me am i elesca certified :-/ lol

Reply to niceic registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock