Discuss Not cheap, but not useful in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
That flashed up last night on "things that I might be interested in".
I saw £54 and screwdriver and ignored it.

Just looked now at what it actually is and ???
It changes to 4 x's speed with the push of a button, does it also reverse, it doesn't appear to?

I can see someone's thinking but I'd imagine they desigend more into it but it's failed on constant use and price.
It seems to be for younger folk who probably can't spin a screwdriver with their fingers.

If you're working on panels in a factory, then maybe, especially if you don't have to pay for it yourself.

Someone reviewing it on Youtube, mentions screwing into wood ?but also that he's not an electrician.?

Last edited:
Seen a few reviews of the wera turbo driver on youtube (see above) it looks to have limited uses imo and not worth the 60 quid investment, maybe if you are second fixing hundreds of new builds it might pay for itself

i prefer my dads old pump action yankee screwdriver like this

, cost me nothing as I nicked it out his tool box ?

Last edited:
if your second fixing hundreds of new builds, go with the wiha speed-e2

this is just a geared screwdriver... you have to hold the collar with the other hand and turn the handle

Not exactly geared, but Stanley had ratchet screwdrivers many many years ago .
Bit of Lassard there :)

I still occasionally use a Stanley Yankee, the long one - good when you want extra reach, like shelf brackets etc. And the bits are still perfect despite being 40 years old. They made things well.

Reply to Not cheap, but not useful in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock