Discuss Off peak, one board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Friend of mine has had a large bill in his flat

there is a panel heater in the bedroom and a storage heater in the hall way. Witch heats the whole flat tbh.

there is only one board so I assume the meter flicks over to off peak and all electrics are cheap rate at night

is it easy to tell a dual meter?

should his storage heater be on a timer switch instead of a DP switch, I assume he's switching g it off in the morning but need to go round and advise and check on things

can anyone recommend a good timer I can put in place of the DP switch .

cheers
grand

Never assume anythink you first need to call the people who supply te electric to see if your friend id on the correct tariff , the meter could have a button on it which you press to show the two meter reading

Any switching scheme should take a signal directly or indirectly from the same source that controls the meter rate, to do otherwise invites big bills. Could you please post a photo of the consumer unit and all the metering equipment.

Can you not switch of the storage and panel heater permanantly and let the witch carry on heating the flat?...

Sorry couldn't resist :smug2:

One board could still be E7, 4 wire meter, the whole lot will go over off peak after 12 midnight, pros cheap electric in off peak , cons high day tariff.

One board could still be E7, 4 wire meter, the whole lot will go over off peak after 12 midnight, pros cheap electric in off peak , cons high day tariff.

Go back a few years and E7 was definitely worth having - but not now unless you use storage heaters - its a real CON

Go back a few years and E7 was definitely worth having - but not now unless you use storage heaters - its a real CON

After spending the night in the grips of insomnia I have established that the low rate times for my new house in Woking appear to be 01:30 until 07:30 so I can get the storage heater and hot water charged up, have a morning shower (9kW jobby) a load of washing done and morning cups of tea all on off-peak power if I get up in time :)

I think this should work out in my favour

After spending the night in the grips of insomnia I have established that the low rate times for my new house in Woking appear to be 01:30 until 07:30 so I can get the storage heater and hot water charged up, have a morning shower (9kW jobby) a load of washing done and morning cups of tea all on off-peak power if I get up in time :)

I think this should work out in my favour

You have storage heaters so it will work for you

Friend of mine has had a large bill in his flat

there is a panel heater in the bedroom and a storage heater in the hall way. Witch heats the whole flat tbh.

there is only one board so I assume the meter flicks over to off peak and all electrics are cheap rate at night

is it easy to tell a dual meter?

should his storage heater be on a timer switch instead of a DP switch, I assume he's switching g it off in the morning but need to go round and advise and check on things

can anyone recommend a good timer I can put in place of the DP switch .

cheers
grand

Hi Grand, just making a joke no harm meant, I had a large bill in my gaff the other day, it was the carpet fitter. Sorry but someone had to have a laugh.

A lot of my customers don't think that way, they say we do all the washing at night, tumble dryer blah blah, we have worked it out mathematically, I just give them what they want. As they say the customer is always right. (NO) lol

A lot of my customers don't think that way, they say we do all the washing at night, tumble dryer blah blah, we have worked it out mathematically, I just give them what they want. As they say the customer is always right. (NO) lol

Using E7 should be cheaper than day rate and there shouldn't be a financial penalty on day rate for having E7

What a farce.

Reply to Off peak, one board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net