Discuss One side parking lights not working in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

vellokraz

DIY
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new user on the forum and I own a MK3 Ford Focus estate(2013).

Recently though my Focus developed a problem, which I have not yet found a solution to. I own a left hand drive car and my driver side parking lights (1 in front, 1 in the back on body and 1 on the tailgate) are not working. All the other lights work perfectly fine (including brakelight on the broken side).
On older Focus models there seems to be separate fuses for parking lights, but on MK3 there are none. When I disconnect lights from the circuit one by one on the working side, the other lights on that side stay on. But the broken side won't start working even when I remove lights one by one.

I looked at wiring schematics and it shows that parking lights are indeed on BCM all together(front and rear 2) and divided into left and right. On the BCM (picture added) is the only place where they are together. They exit BCM via separate wire harnesses(front and back lights have different harnesses), so that makes me think that problem is not in the bulbs and in the wires, but in the BCM itself.

Sometimes when unlocking the car after sitting for some time, the bulbs come on for a millisecond and then won't come on again at all. Can this be a symptom of a short somewhere in the circuit?

Any help will be greatly appriciated, thank you!

Attachments

• Focus 2011 Wiring.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 1
  • position light bcm mk3 focus.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
could be a poor eaerth on the tail light cluster.

Reply to One side parking lights not working in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net