Discuss Online Trades College FRAUD! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’m in the same situation. On the call the man who enrolled me told me I would have constant support from tutors who would check up on me and help with work. I haven’t been contacted once in the 4 months I have been enrolled. He also scrolled through all of the terms of conditions while he was in control of the computer and took me to a page to sign. He did not once talk about the terms and conditions or mention the 14 day cooldown. I feel like they’re taking advantage of the younger people who have never taken loans so are not aware of that cooldown and do not care to mention it to them. Let me know if you manage to sort out your situation

I have also been in the same situation and we are forming a group to go to court.
I hope this works out for you, its terrible hearing 'colleges' taking advantage of people trying to make a career for themselves. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day to you all and thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

The reason for it’s creation lies in a dark place where I’ve slowly realised I may have been a victim to fraud. As an individual from the hospitality sector, a hard hitting impact from the pandemic lead me to take desperate measures and accept a finance agreement from a “home learning college” called - NTC / New Trades Career.

An online form was filled out initially and not heard back from for a couple of months. As the year of 2021 started I received a call and was given an online interview as well as videos explaining the 97% pass rate for the college.

A long list of City & Guilds qualifications were promised and a “interest free loan” of £7800.00 was offered after a “in-depth” review for which the sales man made the mistake of leaving his discussion with the finance company Carnegie Cosumer Finance on loudspeaker which I ignorantly ignored (there was no review of eligibility just a straight up acceptance of the finance).

I have ONLY been provided with course-books and nothing further, I was promised “around the clock support from dedicated tutors” in an attempt to contact them, my “dedicated” tutor wasn’t even there to answer the call and his plumbing counterpart simply outlined that I should circle the answers and hand in the results online.

The promised “virtual learning” is nowhere to be seen and I am now paying £180.00 per month with no choice but to continue suffering in silence.

I cannot believe I have been sold into a deal like this, even if no one can help me escape this financial prison of an agreement, if this forum can even stop another young lad or older gentlemen from being in my position at least some of you will be able to finesse these venomous fangs of manipulation.

I plead to anyone who can help me get out of this deal, as a family man I am struggling to stay afloat and now have another huge bill to deal with.

Thank you all for your time, J.
Close out your checking account or credit card and open new ones. That way they can’t automatically draft

Reply to Online Trades College FRAUD! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net