Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Own up, who did this? - The house with a million plug sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Last edited by a moderator:
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Love per point pricing.....reminds me still owed £120,000 final stage on that one.....

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Seen that elsewhere. Absolutely disgusting install. What was the need for 90% of any of that ?

snowhead

-
Mentor
You can never have enough sockets. :p
You can however not have enough wall to put them on.:nomouth:

I'd guess that with the furniture that was in that room you'd see hardly anything showing.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I think they could so with some cable tray in them rooms.. Going to each socket...

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
At least it proves they don't like 3 way plug in adapters.....:cool:

The only way you could ever justify such an abomination is if the room was some sort of home office with lots of desks and kit going in

Have been asked in the past to install 7 or 8 twins in a small bedroom that was going to be used as small office. but always in white plastic sockets.

I personally hate all that flat plate stuff all on the walls looks carp if you ask me

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
That looks like two things....

Stick-on fake face plates (ebay)

....and shed load of cheap advertising😍

Dan

Admin
I bet it looked like a right man cave when it was full of all the tech! I'd love to see a picture of all the rooms full of all the gadgets. :D

Bet you couldn't move though.

Bet it was a disco-dave type guy who had laser light shows on his tod. :D

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
I don't know whats more bizarre- the number of sockets in that room, or the number of times someone has tried to start a new thread on the same story.

My living room has 10 doubles... but I designed it that way. All normal height... not even one behind the wall mounted telly.

7029 dave

-
Mentor
Arms
Overkill to an extreme, I am only used to 1 double per room and 1 light pendant. (IN DAYS GONE BY)

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Overkill to an extreme, I am only used to 1 double per room and 1 light pendant. (IN DAYS GONE BY)
when the humble British 3 pin plug was developed that was right.
it was intended to supply a heater of up to 3Kw
why on earth would you need more than that in one room!!

Reply to Own up, who did this? - The house with a million plug sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom