Discuss Panel - soccer - light in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jimmyy

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to build for my son that loves football a panel to hang on our garden wall.
Whenever he hits the panel with his ball, a light should turn up.

I saw this an amusement park, where there was a wall of panels and the target panel was changing.

What I need is something more simple, not a wall of panels, but just one panel. The size of the panel should be around 20cm, enough for the ball to hit it properly.

I searched on google, but I did not find much...

What would be your advice?
Ideally I would like to move the panel to another place, relatively easily. The wall on which I'll hang it is made of concrete big bricks. But I could live with it fixed in one place.

Many thanks

Get him to kick the ball at a light switch. His accuracy will improve and the light will turn on. Bingo.
My question was rather serious... I spent 30 - 60 min googling led panel light push... I need to find the name of the parts to be able to assemble it.

A pressure mat immediately sprung to mind, and after googling them a PM7 type mat (which is more sensitive) is listed as being suitable for novel applications such as target practice.

You could attach a small microphone to the panel and use a sound-activated relay module to switch an LED panel on for a preset time. Set the sensitivity so that only the loud thump of the ball hitting the panel is sufficient to trigger it.

You will need to add a power supply unit of suitable voltage and current output to power the relay module and the light. If the module works at 12V for example, use 12V LED lights and a 12V power supply with at least the same output power rating as the lights.

Examples of suitable modules that include a suitable miniature microphone include:
Quasar sound relay and
Qkits sound relay

You could attach a small microphone to the panel and use a sound-activated relay module to switch an LED panel on for a preset time. Set the sensitivity so that only the loud thump of the ball hitting the panel is sufficient to trigger it.

You will need to add a power supply unit of suitable voltage and current output to power the relay module and the light. If the module works at 12V for example, use 12V LED lights and a 12V power supply with at least the same output power rating as the lights.

Examples of suitable modules that include a suitable miniature microphone include:
Quasar sound relay and
Qkits sound relay

I do like this idea. If the panel is hung up on an wall then I'm not sure how easy it would be to distinguish between the noise of the ball hitting the wall the panel is mounted on and the board.
Worth try though.

Another way you may be able to do it is to put a Vibration Switch to the back of the board. Wire this to a small timer relay to bring some LEDs/lights on for a few seconds.
Might be able to run it off a 9V battery.
I'll see what I can find.

if you can still get them, burglar alarm pressure mats are about 20" x 14". they are normally open and close when pressured. coupled with a 12V PSU or a battery, and a 12V light, that would be a simple solution.

if you can still get them, burglar alarm pressure mats are about 20" x 14". they are normally open and close when pressured. coupled with a 12V PSU or a battery, and a 12V light, that would be a simple solution.

You can still get them @telectrix

There are lots of vibration sensors on the market.
Quite a few are for the Arduino or Raspberry Pi.

Many thanks for all your replies.

How shall I go about the protection of the sensor/pressure mat? Do I need to somehow place a first panel, that could be some transparent plastic in front of it, that should be the only part that is in contact with the ball?

I need to protect somehow the other parts of the assembly e.g. led, some light source...

One more time I'd like to thank you for all your thoughts and advice above.

A darts board sounds good, even though, with a football ball, it won't matter if he hits the board right in the center or in the corner of the ball. If you meant that the darts board could further precisely tell if he hit the center or around the center, this sophistication is not needed.

Many thanks

You could keep it very basic and have a hinged sheet of plywood with a spring behind it. Place a decent microswitch behind it to sense when the panel is pressed.

Obviously use the microswitch with (for example) 12V and use it to trigger a relay in a weatherproof enclosure.

Reply to Panel - soccer - light in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock