Discuss Part P in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Peter Woodford

Guys

I have NICEIC coming out to inspect a major and minor so that i can become a domestic installer have any of you got any pointers on when they come out and what do they look for. Also want to start up on my own any pointers with this

cheers

Pete

First things first is to get your assessment out the way.

You need to make sure all your insurances are in place and active, have all the right books and paperwork available and plenty of biccys and tea.

He will ask you a fair bit on the regs, as less face it, its what we work to,

When on site you will be asked to perform a selection of tests. Not only will he be checking on how you do them, but he will also ask why you do them, and you must be able to explain the results.

Whatever tests you carry out, safe isolation is the one big thing that he will fail you on if you dont carry this out correctly.

After that back to yours, tell you you have passed and off he goes to the next.

Good luck!

Yes plus if the NIC read these then the assessors will be eating the garlic before they arrive ! twoshay

Reply to Part P in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock