Discuss Partial testing and R1+R2......... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

This is simply not true, the IR can be below the allowed value without the rcd tripping. It is just lazy not to do it.
On an EICR you only have do L&N to CPC so why not do it

These houses are very much lived in and cluttered to absolute buggery i have 2 hours in which to do the eicr im not going round unplugging absolutely everything!! Taking out all the lamps and disconnecting all fire alarms just to get an accurate reading.
Its not lazy im trying to do the best with what little time i have.

If i wanna say to my company hey im not happy with doing it this way even though you have been told by the niceic you can do this...im sure there response will be well good luck with your next job.
A luxury i cannot afford to do at the moment. So jump down off your high horse i will not be called lazy when im rushing like mad to get these things done in the time im alloted.

You ever done say a boiler circuit ln to e....i have without disconnecting it...got a false reading disconnected it got over 2Mohms same with a lighting circuit before now. Usb sockets have given me funny readings before now. I used to do the IR until i was told to speed it along and if its rcd protected dont bother.
Sorry but calling me lazy and being like that was quite rude.

Anyways enough of this thread. Im bored now its dragged on and its valentines day...so if you're not gonna have sex with me i have a wife who will also not be...but she smells nicer o_O

Long as you feel like you have done a full and proper job testing an install for the safety of the tenant and are happy signing the cert carry on.
FYI I don’t seem to be able to test more than 2 properties in one day, maybe I just crap

Long as you feel like you have done a full and proper job testing an install for the safety of the tenant and are happy signing the cert carry on.
FYI I don’t seem to be able to test more than 2 properties in one day, maybe I just crap

I do not like having to do partial tests im much happier to do 1 full on thorough test in a day. But when i do them i do make sure they are as thorough as i can make them and i make sure rhe install is safe. I have on occasion called the office to cancel my next appt so i can repair any faults/damage non compliance etc
I write all limitations downand also if i feel the property is in need of a re wire or anything such as a CU upgrade i will put at the bottom of sheet 1 my advisorys. In that sense my company has sent me to give my opinion, i have tested the property and i am issuing them a certificate with what i feel needs to be follow on work...whether they then act on it...
Im off...i have a night of sexless passion to get on with happy thursday

Blimey that escalated quickly.

Reply to Partial testing and R1+R2......... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock