Discuss Pat Testing Boredom in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Paullestrange

Hi Guys

Starting a new job in Two Weeks, back in building services after Two months on the rock n roll. The position involves 75% fixed wire testing,25% Pat testing, after 30 years in the trade,i have probably Pat Tested for around a year,and every time i get a Pat tester in my hands i want to stick my tongue in it,to stop the boredom creeping in.

My question is have you Guys got any tips apart from the tongue,or anything else i can stick into a tester to stop the "im bored of this"creeping in again.

All sensible and not so sensible tips gratefully taken on board,the winner of which will receive a Neon screwdriver,which you will have to throw away as soon as you get it

CHEERS

Put on some good music and drift off into your own world thinking bout cars /women /holidays /football /what you're gonna do to the missus when you're getting some jiggy time or what ever else floats your boat

I work for a company and do PAT testin from time to time on the whole site, great, you can chat up the office birds, get free cups and bikkies and it is a great excuse to do f&@k all. You say 25% PAT testin, that is just the right mixture. Mine is about 10%, not enough, really.

I find it helps to really go at it and try to get it all done as quick as possible, otherwise I get lackadaisical and end up staring out of the window and/or at the clock.

Just think of the worst job you can and then look at what you are doing....
I used to have to change motors in an effluent pit as part of my job, for a while. Close to throwing up every time I did it, and the money wasn't great. Every time I'm doing something tedious now, I look back and smile :)

Hi Guys

Starting a new job in Two Weeks, back in building services after Two months on the rock n roll. The position involves 75% fixed wire testing,25% Pat testing, after 30 years in the trade,i have probably Pat Tested for around a year,and every time i get a Pat tester in my hands i want to stick my tongue in it,to stop the boredom creeping in.

My question is have you Guys got any tips apart from the tongue,or anything else i can stick into a tester to stop the "im bored of this"creeping in again.

All sensible and not so sensible tips gratefully taken on board,the winner of which will receive a Neon screwdriver,which you will have to throw away as soon as you get it

CHEERS
by all means keep sticking you tongue in it......just make sure its set to flash first wont you....3kV will do....

I work for a company and do PAT testin from time to time on the whole site, great, you can chat up the office birds, get free cups and bikkies and it is a great excuse to do f&@k all. You say 25% PAT testin, that is just the right mixture. Mine is about 10%, not enough, really.
yeah....thats the only bonus with pat testing really isn`t it.....when you have to pat the office equipment and you are staring at all the fit office birds pert rears....and thinking about patting them n all......or the bit when you have to get the IEC leads trailing about under the table...but what your really doing is perving up those skirts.....:tounge_smile:

or pat test the women in the office lol
well it works if she`s called pat....there again she might look like pat butcher.....eurgh!!

Pat Testing Boredom {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I like to PATest while listening to podcasts I've downloaded using blutooth headphones (no wires to get in the way), and find that keeps me going pretty well :)

so you`patcast` then....theres someone out on ebay n all that does a kind of `patcasting`.....like fishing for pattesters to join the `brotherhood`.....

Reply to Pat Testing Boredom in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock