Discuss Pat Testing. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Does anyone have much experience in this field ? i know a guy that owns 18 different business premesis, and he is currently paying about £1000 per year for each one to be tested. I have discussed the possibility of me doing the yearly test for him at a more competetive price, but at the moment i only have my City and Guilds parts 1 + 2 in electrical installation. Would it just be a case of me doing the Pat testing course, purchasing the Testing equipment and getting Public Liabililty ??? or would i need to do more than that to get started ??? Any feedback on your experiences and advice will be greatly welcomed. Thx in advance.

Hi,

There is no requirement to have the PATesting course, to do PATesting just as long as your competent at doing it. Obvioulsy if you have your parts 1 and 2 then youre pretty clued up already :) However the 2377 PATesting course is very short and lasts a week. Costs about £50 from my experience if i rememeber right. It may be a good idea to do it anyway, as there are parts that talk about record keeping, and the law, and where u stand etc. But yes, its just a case of gettin the equipment and public liability... :)

Dazza1976,

Which part of the world are you? I offer PAT testing Services:

Test It Electrical Services Ltd.

If you need to ask any questions - PM me.

I did a 3 day course a couple of years ago,there were joiners,plumbers and all sorts of non 'electrical' peeps there.Can't remember how much the course cost as the company paid for it.Did get a nice C&G Certificate at the end of it though.

J.

******hell £1000 per building, get in there lad, under cut him and still make a good butty, get on that course and get trained up.

the 2377 course is dead simple, get it under your belt. even though you wont legally need it, it's still proof of competence and it will go a long way if it ever comes to using that much needed liability insurance.

you'd be good to go for £1000 or maybe a little more (2377 course, tester, budget laptop & printer to store your info, labels etc.)

Hi all, this PAT testing has got me thinking, cueently i am studing to be an electrician and did not know that it was so easy to become a PAT tester?
My question is this, what type of tester do you recommend, bearing in mind i live in Blackpool which is full of B& Bs and Hotels and many other business's.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Reply to Pat Testing. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock