uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Pat Testing. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone have much experience in this field ? i know a guy that owns 18 different business premesis, and he is currently paying about £1000 per year for each one to be tested. I have discussed the possibility of me doing the yearly test for him at a more competetive price, but at the moment i only have my City and Guilds parts 1 + 2 in electrical installation. Would it just be a case of me doing the Pat testing course, purchasing the Testing equipment and getting Public Liabililty ??? or would i need to do more than that to get started ??? Any feedback on your experiences and advice will be greatly welcomed. Thx in advance.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
A

Adz

Hi,

There is no requirement to have the PATesting course, to do PATesting just as long as your competent at doing it. Obvioulsy if you have your parts 1 and 2 then youre pretty clued up already :) However the 2377 PATesting course is very short and lasts a week. Costs about £50 from my experience if i rememeber right. It may be a good idea to do it anyway, as there are parts that talk about record keeping, and the law, and where u stand etc. But yes, its just a case of gettin the equipment and public liability... :)

W

WarrenG

Dazza1976,

Which part of the world are you? I offer PAT testing Services:

Test It Electrical Services Ltd.

If you need to ask any questions - PM me.

I did a 3 day course a couple of years ago,there were joiners,plumbers and all sorts of non 'electrical' peeps there.Can't remember how much the course cost as the company paid for it.Did get a nice C&G Certificate at the end of it though.

J.

J

johnnyb

******hell £1000 per building, get in there lad, under cut him and still make a good butty, get on that course and get trained up.

U

uksel

the 2377 course is dead simple, get it under your belt. even though you wont legally need it, it's still proof of competence and it will go a long way if it ever comes to using that much needed liability insurance.

you'd be good to go for £1000 or maybe a little more (2377 course, tester, budget laptop & printer to store your info, labels etc.)

U

uksel

i think he's planning on doing this on his own, so he can make some money too...

G

guitargraham

Hi all, this PAT testing has got me thinking, cueently i am studing to be an electrician and did not know that it was so easy to become a PAT tester?
My question is this, what type of tester do you recommend, bearing in mind i live in Blackpool which is full of B& Bs and Hotels and many other business's.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Pat Testing. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom