Discuss PFC reading in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Carried out a ccu replacement and then started testing, my PFC was 38A & 6.11 ohms. Just wanted to have some thoughts as mine was that there must be a poor connection or break in the main cpc?

Thanks

Attachments

• D1E90D36-5177-4A0A-82A1-0AA60AF32164.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Did you do any testing before swapping the CU?

Carried out a ccu replacement and then started testing, my PFC was 38A & 6.11 ohms. Just wanted to have some thoughts as mine was that there must be a poor connection or break in the main cpc?

Thanks
Presumably that was the Prospective Earth Fault Current (PEFC) as opposed to the Prospective Fault Current (PFC). The Prospective Short Circuit Current (PSCC) must have been substantially greater otherwise the volt drop on the loads would have been enormous to the point where things just wouldn't have functioned.

PFC is the greater of the PEFC and the PSCC.

If it was a TN-S supply then an emergency call to the DNO would be in order assuming that the Earthing Conductor is correctly connected at the MET.

No i don’t, and no previous records available
It is advisable to test before carrying out any work to identify any issues and ensure the installation is fit and safe for continued service.

You need to check the main earthing conductor terminations, if at the DNO end you will need to call them out to rectify. What sort of installation is it?

Thanks

Anytime I've had readings like that it has always been down to an external fault on the DNO's side. As Strima mentioed, it is always wise to do your testing before a board change rather than afterwards!

Reply to PFC reading in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net