Discuss PIR override technical advise needed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Trevor48

DIY
Reaction score
Hello
I have purchased a new PIR to replace an old broken sensor. The old sensor had 3 terminals and the system was configured with an overridden switch.
The new sensor has 4 terminals. LNAL
I have two switched live wires and one neutral. Can I connect the override feed to the A terminal?
Hope I have explained the issue and hope you can advise me
regards Trevor

Can you post a photo of the terminals and the instruction book page showing the connections. For 4 terminals, I would have thought one would be for Earth.

Can you post a photo of the terminals and the instruction book page showing the connections. For 4 terminals, I would have thought one would be for Earth.
All sorted now, thanks for taking time to reply. it was feed and neutral in and load and neutral out.

Reply to PIR override technical advise needed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a LAP PIR sensor https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/lap-indoor-outdoor-white-pir-standalone-sensor-360-/9695v I presently have 4...
Replies
Views
I needed to illuminate our dark side walk at the house. I have used two PIRs wired in parallel which switch four LED lights. The idea is no matter...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a basic PIR motion sensor that I’m wiring into my garage just before the ceiling light. I’ve fitted it all fine and it works, however...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock