Discuss PLEASE HELP, need professional advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hello,
I'm new here and I have to make a project for college, if you know, please help with various data about installation, the requires for a KNX installation for one suite with 2rooms.
PS. Sorry for english:)

What a surprise, another one-post OP, asks the question, when he doesn't get the answer he wants to hear we never hear from him again. Why do we bother?

Like for like change is not notifiable.

I also dont believe like for like requires RCD protection (I would not install without)

As a house holder he can do like for like himself (I wouldnt get in it afterwards though)

Last edited:
sparkies, sparkies, sparkies, we're an unforgiving bunch aren't we!

i read every post on this, and agree with the general consensus of 'get a spark in and pay him good money'!

it ain't getting any easier out there with customers like this eh!

Indeed. Cables can carry more current than they are rated at, but we don't design a circuit based on "it should be alright".
Thank you my point exactly. I am a little concerned to the number of posts and replays that seem to not have a clue to the basics of design. I do understand that some calculation can become a little complex but the basics should always be used.
I also find it strange the number of replies to questions from people who clearly have no understanding of the trade.
The ideal that we all need a little help at times is a good one. But why help people to take the food off our table when work is becoming harder to find.

the op does his own diy electrics!
we know the shower is notifiable but do you guys think he gives a ---- he said the £50 the sparky quoted he thought he was being ripped off.
so he came on here for info to do the works himself as hes unsure about this shower he will gather the info and do it anyway. IMO

even if I have one post OP that does not mean I'm not serious, I have medium the design knowledge that I'll do, I want to do my project on my own apartment with two rooms, I need some information about KNX installations and forums there to be advised not to have answers:'' after you answer that you no longer interested'' the contrary helped back where you most often. I think here are real experts on this forum and i have so much to learn

even if I have one post OP that does not mean I'm not serious, I have medium the design knowledge that I'll do, I want to do my project on my own apartment with two rooms, I need some information about KNX installations and forums there to be advised not to have answers:'' after you answer that you no longer interested'' the contrary helped back where you most often. I think here are real experts on this forum and i have so much to learn

And what does your question have to do with the OP (original post) about the shower?

''What a surprise, another one-post OP, asks the question, when he doesn't get the answer he wants to hear we never hear from him again. Why do we bother?''

Reply to PLEASE HELP, need professional advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net